National Food Safety Manager
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: This position is remote with 25% travel and must be located near a Revolution Foods Culinary Center. (Culinary Centers: Oakland, CA, Cheverly, MD, Boston, MA, Edison, NJ, Stafford, TX, La Mirada, CA)
- Salary: Salary range varies depending upon location.
This role is responsible for coordinating and managing all information relating to raw material and supplier approvals, complaint investigations and raw material risk assessments. This role is a remote role, reporting to Sr Director FSQA, and would include up to 25% travel. If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages vendor and material approval program for all Revolution Foods sites
- Works with suppliers to collect information relevant to food safety programs and accreditations
- Performs on site food safety audits of suppliers as necessary.
- Reviews raw material information and conducts risk assessments on all new raw materials.
- Manages raw material specification database.
- Manages the FSQA complaints program.
- Conduct root cause analysis and corrective action reports on defective materials
- Completes material hazard analysis for group Food Safety Plans.
- Supports the NPD and procurement teams to review all new raw materials at product development stage.
- Co-manages the material substitution program.
- Manages the food fraud program.
- Responsible for traceability audits across all sites
- Co-ordinates information relating to supplier recalls.
- Participates and promote continuous improvement activities
- Effectively communicate with related departments on projects as required.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- BSc in food science, microbiology or related field.
- PCQI certified
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a food safety management role
- Thorough knowledge of food safety regulations (USDA, FDA, etc.)
- Supplier auditing experience
- Experience working in the Ready to Eat sector
- Knowledge of Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) audit schemes
- Proven track record of successfully managing food safety systems.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.