Temporary School Server
Details of Position
- This is a Temporary Part-Time position
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Job Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Starting Pay: $16.10/hr DOE
- Pursuant to Mayor Bowser’s Guidance for Schools (Pre-Kindergarten – 12th Grade and Adult Education), last updated January 31, 2022, vaccination, including booster doses as applicable, is required in school settings.
Servers interact with students and faculty in a friendly and courteous manner on a daily basis, and are responsible for receiving, reheating, and serving meals at school sites. Servers are also responsible for collecting electronic menu options, inputting student orders into a computer database, and keeping the line management orderly. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
- 1 or more years of customer service experience in a mid-high-volume food service facility or restaurant.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Ability to be punctual, and work a flexible schedule, covering early morning and mid-day shifts.
- Ability to use good verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe and proper food handling procedures, and kitchen equipment is preferred.
- Preferred placement for those with ServSafe food handlers permit, but this should not deter any applicants from applying.
- Ability to pass a background checks.
- Fingerprinting & TB Testing are required upon hire.
- On-site COVID testing may be required on a weekly or monthly basis, and/or verification of COVID-19 vaccination. Revolution Foods employees staffed at partner sites that required such testing and verification will be expected to comply with any such requirements
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well with others and participate as part of a team.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full-time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. #zr
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.