Details of Position
• This is Full-Time
• Location: San Lorenzo, CA
• Job Schedule: 12:30pm-9:00pm
• Starting Pay: $16.54 per hour
• Immediately Available
The Materials Handler (“Linebacker) is responsible for counting and staging raw materials for use on the production lines for the same day or next day production. The Linebacker is expected to be an active participant in all aspects of the Production and Packout, departments from food and material supplies, preparation, and pack out to cleanup. Monitor and inspect raw food products for quality and bring issues to the attention of management.
They will keep their space clean and organized at all times. The Linebacker will maintain proper rotation of products at all times. They will support the Department Manager with tasks associated with next day production. They will maintain the cleanliness of the floors in the staging and work areas. They will participate in the clean-up after production.
Revolution Foods has been working hard for a decade to build a values-based, systems-changing company that is on track to become the leading provider of healthy family meals across the nation. We are now serving over 2 million school meals a week in 14 states and have a fast-growing line of products on retail shelves across the country. Our mission and core values, supports our passion. We provide the opportunity for you to learn new skills with our people-building philosophy, and a career opportunity. We need dedicated team members that care about healthy eating, have great people skills with a desire to learn and grow with us. Let’s do this together!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary duties consist of receiving products, raw materials and supplies from the warehouse or kitchen staff for use in the Production and Pack-out departments. Supports the administrative processes of Revolution Foods HACCP program, maintaining temperature and waste logs. Verifies what is needed for the daily plan. Responsible for weighing and accurately counting items or units to be used in Production.
- Verifies the daily plan for product, supply and menu items needed for up to 1 week in advance. Understands the material and food handling requirements, movement routines, quality product and what good looks like. Coordinates the planning and ordering of products for Pack-out.
- Monitors food quality standards at all times. Responsible for double checking counts, proper staging, labeling and placement of unused products or waste. Supports the green waste compost and recycling program.
- Open cases and stage products to easily unload and supply products for use on production lines. May use pallet jacks and other material handling equipment or move lighter loads manually.
- Responsible for examining product content for qualify. Ensure partial cases are used before newer product. Assists with packout of finished products, stacking, sorting, and racking products.
- Responsible for proper inventory counts, proper stock rotation, stock levels, documenting product rejections, proper storage and moving products into the WIP or Production storage areas.
- Assists with changeovers, cleaning and sanitizing of production lines.
- Uses computer skills and data entry experience to enter data into an inventory control data management computer system.
- Adheres to and promotes proper GMP’s when working within food production areas or handling food products.
- Responsible to clean the work area and equipment, regularly removing empty pallets, wood and plastic.
- May stage rolling racks of food products and organize loading on delivery trucks using pallet jacks.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This includes wearing the required PPE in designated areas. Corrects and/or reports any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- May complete a variety of routine admin tasks associated with the work.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in a food production or food warehouse environment
- Minimum 1 year experience completing inventory counts, admin tasks or data entry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler, ServSafe and other certification desirable
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment, with a good demeanor
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts and weekend work
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will be responsible for common routines.
- Ability to read, count, follow basic instructions and apply basic math skills
- Able to work as a team and individually to accomplish the work
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.