Area Operation Manager
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
- This is a Full Time Position
- Location: San Lorenzo/Oakland, CA
The Area Operations Manager has extensive contacts with school representatives and oversee team members that organize, prepare, and serve meals for school meal programs within a designated area, district or region. Develops and executes the daily production plan to ensure the production schedule reflects the daily meals planned, products and materials needed. Ensure team follows company recipes, hot and retherm lunches, and execution of SOP’s. Supports Revolution Foods business objectives while exceeding customers’ expectations. Facilitate collaboration with the inter-department teams that, in an integrated way, work to deliver a world-class customer experience, and contribute to the financial success of Revolution Foods.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepares the plan for production of school meals and services for delivery to multiple school sites. Works in conjunction with inter-departmental management teams to achieve positive results. Maintains a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the kitchen. Ensures full compliance with all State and Federal agency regulated Health and Safety codes.
- Plans, prepares and executes the daily implementation of account orders and service.
- Responsible for staff resource planning for service coverage at school sites, food preparation, and shift coverage over the morning and afternoon shifts. May provide coverage at schools during special events and activities, as agreed.
- Responsible for monitoring food and production costs, pricing, portion controls, quality assurance and controls. Responsible for the hands-on production duties as needed/required.
- Ensures procedures are followed for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large and/or bulk quantities.
- Adhere to the Federal, State, and District rules and regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation on all contracts to ensure all school partners follow contractual partnership requirements and obligations.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure best in class
- Maintains the highest levels of food safety, sanitation and cleanliness in all production and service areas. Monitors cleanliness of all area’s in the kitchen environment.
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation of food processing facilities and equipment. Ensures the proper use and care of equipment used in large-scale food operations
- Develops and maintains accurate records, make mathematical computations, and prepare production reports
- Review, analyze and train servers on proper ways of working, procedures and methods, and devise and implement improvements.
- Complies with all state of State and Federal agency regulated Health and Safety codes.
- Perform audits as assigned and make recommendations to optimize financial performance or operational standards.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide overall planning, direction and support to vendors, team members and assigned school partners within a defined Market, and to achieve Key Performance Indicators of customer satisfaction.
- Consistently assess satisfaction with menu offerings, planning and new product introductions to ensure customer expectations are met. May recommend product changes based on data review
- Development market forecasts with Account Management VP and FP&A Manager to continually refine plans to optimize financial performance and productivity.
- Maintain monthly waste log and calculate monthly costs at close of month end inventory as directed.
- Manage companies “Green” waste, compost and recycling program as directed by the Lead Chef.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the production staff.
- Manage all employee injuries while on duty. Utilize accident reporting.
- Coaches team members and executes disciplinary actions of hourly kitchen employees, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- May coordinate internal resources to deliver company presentations and samples for prospective accounts.
- Understands and monitors KPI's, targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results. Responsible to make the right decisions, quickly to achieve plans for the Company in coordination with team and cross-functional partners.
- May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks, receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- 2-4 years of experience Managing a commercial or industrial kitchen or food service environment. This may be in factory department management or restaurant management operation with a broad range of culinary experience and hourly staffing.
- A Hospitality Management, Culinary degree, apprenticeship or training in a food or nutritional related field. Or, an acceptable combination of education and experience
- K-12 or Charter School Food service experience a plus and fresh food meal service is desirable
- Experience and the ability to motivate, train and achieve results thru a diverse group of team members
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel, ERP and/or CRM systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: both orally and in writing
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple project
- Must be willing to travel frequently within the regional designated area.
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships one-on-one
- Results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute plans successfully and efficiently
- A self-motivated leader with natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks.
evolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.