Details of Position
- This is a Full-time position
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job Schedule: Monday - Friday, 6:00AM-3:00PM
- Starting Pay: $15.50 per hour
We are looking for a reliable Server Supervisor to oversee of the day-to-day serving of student meals. The Server Supervisor acts as an ambassador and face of the business, teaching and leading Servers in best practices. They ensure appropriate staffing, record keeping and documentation of student food choices; overall service, cleanliness and food safety compliance; and a full accounting of student participation associated with program funding requirements. This role is responsible for checking fruits and snacks for quality and bringing issues to the attention of the Revolution Foods. The serving Team is expected to be an active participant in all aspects related to: setting expectations, re-heating products, setting up the line, preparation, suggesting food items for students to try, serving students, compiling daily service results, cleanup, related record keeping, addressing concerns timely. The Server Supervisor ensures Servers maintain the highest level of professionalism and customer relations when interacting with students, school staff and parents them may have contact with. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts for team members at the school site. Sets daily priorities, assign staff to the line, follows recipes and SOP instructions, stage products and racks, heat products, and keep service areas clean and sanitary.
- Records miles between school sites, ensuring accuracy and ethical practices
- Ensure food quality standards and HACCP plans are followed from delivery to retherm (heat/ re-heat) to presentation/service of the final product. in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service.
- Follows recipes and instructions to set up and break down the food line area, prep, stock, assemble and serve meals, snacks and beverages.
- Promotes best practices and ways to increase student participation. May get feedback from school representatives or students during non-service time (if allowed) and communicates feedback to management.
- Consistently monitors the performance of team members in four critical success areas: Safety, Quality, Accuracy and Service level.
- Maintains a high level of floor presence (90%+) to meet expectations
- Establishes routines that may include communicating the following: performance expectations, plan of the day, coaching, safety message, prior day results, over-time or reduced process scheduling needs, etc.
- Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods food safety policies. Maintains a clean, organized, sanitary free service area.
- Observes a safety-first environment, free of hazards to include a dry floor, and proper knife or equipment use, cleaning, sanitation and storage
- Ensures that Servers handle and receive student ID cards, cash or check, and return change when necessary. Operates the Point of Sale (POS) in a manner that is compliant with school contract and government compliance regulations.
- Reconciles student meals served in coordination with school staff, in full compliance with the program.
- Monitors food safety, verifies food temperature logs, stage and effectively allocate resources to achieve targets, and communicates information to team members
- Records daily events, waste, participation data and variances.
- Completes daily procedure checklist (cleaning, timeline, logs etc.) observant of the changes in business models and is able to communicate those changes.
- Complies with the company green waste compost and recycling program.
- Coordinate and observes the work area to ensure product rotation.
- Reports defective product, units or questionable conditions to management and documents this information, as required.
- Required to develop, train and demonstrate proper procedures and protocol to employees. May complete a variety of routine admin tasks related to the work, routine KPI’s, and misc. reports.
- Follows all required safe work practices and models safe work practices. This includes proper lifting, following SOP procedures, lockout tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
- Sets the tone to establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency, quality and effective communication within and outside of the department. May assist with setup or service routines, if needed.
- Ensures team follows safe work practices. Completes job related injury reports and investigates employee accidents.
- Uses computer skills to enter data into an inventory control data management computer system. May assist with preparing a variety of production and inventory related reports or documents.
- Follow company standards and legal regulations to ensure a safe and positive work atmosphere.
- Notifies maintenance department of any mechanical concerns or equipment issues. May complete a variety of other duties as needed.
- Minimum 1- 2 years of leadership/supervisory experience in a food production environment
- Food handler’s certification mandatory, ServSafe preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced food related environment with changing priorities is preferred
- Experience achieving positive results through other team members
- Experience and ability to complete basic math and related reporting processes
- CA Driver’s license, good driving record and ability to pass a background check, as required.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well with others and participate as part of a team.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.