Looking to work for a revolutionary, mission-driven organization that generates positive impacts in our communities? Then Revolution Foods may be the organization for you! We specialize in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef crafted, and kid approved food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to students. With our challenging yet fun environment, watch your career develop while making a difference!
Why join Revolution Foods?
At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods which provides healthy family meals across the nation!
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- Five (5) paid holidays and five (5) paid vacation days for full-time employees
- Free daily meals for all of our employees
What are we looking for?
The loader is responsible for picking orders, palletizing, loading and unloading products and/or cases, and working any station or line that is assigned. The loader works anywhere in the Load-out or Cooler areas that may be assigned, to stage meals, snacks and beverage each shift for school lunch programs in local schools. Assists with any additional responsibilities necessary for the production and distribution of the meals.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and help change the food industry landscape by supplying school children with fresh and healthy eating choices. Our mission and core values, supports our passion. We provide the opportunity for you to learn new skills with our people-building philosophy, and a career opportunity. What began in schools, serving freshly prepared meals to students, has since grown to retail sales across the country. We need dedicated team members that care about healthy eating, have great people skills with a desire to learn and grow with us. Let’s do this together!
Responsibilities: Responsible for routine production, assembly line and packaging tasks. Assists with the overall efficiency of the factory which may include setup, startup, staging raw materials, assembly, production, loading, labeling, stacking, sorting, preparing for shipping, and other miscellaneous routine tasks. Helps keep the production and warehouse areas organized, neat and clean. Positions may work full time or part time, on various days and shifts, as needed.
- Responsible for pulling products for customer orders.
- Perform freight handling using appropriate manual equipment
- May use hand-held tracking device to scan products for inventory accountability, or conduct manual counts to ensure the accurate amount of product is confirmed prior to loading
- Marks the paperwork properly when making adjustments for product shortages.
- Keep accurate records on load sheets, inventory sheets, scrap sheets, and computerized equipment.
- Ensure proper code date rotation. Report any product/packaging issues.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- May be required to rack products, debox materials, assemble food products and meals, break down boxes and containers.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices. Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- At this level, tasks may be routine and repetitive within any of the food production or warehouse departments.
- May participate in change overs, washing down lines, sanitizing work spaces, assisting with monthly inventory counts, sorting, staging.
- Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods food safety policies.
- Ensure the garbage and recycling is disposed of daily and the receptacles are cleaned and sanitized. Support our “Green Waste” program insuring all waste is separated.
- Observes a safety-first environment, free of hazards to include a dry floor, proper floor drain coverage and proper knife or equipment use and storage.
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication with all team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Entry level position. Previous experience in a fast-paced fresh food handling environment is preferred
- Experience working in a chilled factory helpful
- Experience working as part of a team to achieve results
- Ability to Read, Write and Speak basic English.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
- Knowledge of safe and proper food handling procedures and knife handling is preferred
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies
- Ability to routinely work in a chilled, damp factory environment
- Able to physically perform requirements of job and lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team using good verbal communication
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.