Responsible for supervising production employees on assigned shifts to ensure production guidelines are being met within established timing, quality, and cost standards. Trains, directs, coaches and leads the production team in the day-to-day operations to meet production, legislative, safety, quality and company standards.. Drives the communication of production goals and objectives, as well as results, in order to effectively motivate the team to maintain high standards of product quality, in a fast-paced production environment, while maximizing plant efficiencies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for giving regular direction to team members, with operational control over one or more food production teams. Provides training and motivation to team members, using recognition, and positive feedback. Follows all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety, visual quality and PPE requirements. Sets priorities and gives direction based upon the daily production plan, controls labor costs, meets KPI targets for the department.
- Responsible to ensure production department(s) operate at maximum efficiency. Bring the company's values and management principles alive in the department(s), treating employees respectfully.
- Strategically organize, and supervise production department(s) daily routines, priorities, hours, schedules, productivity, quality, safety and KPI results.
- Ensure timely and accurate production and preparation of food products, to include set-up, staging, change overs, allergen controls, and department sanitation.
- Understands KPI's, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results.
- Actively coach, train and develop team to build confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results. Eliminates daily barriers to support positive results.
- Responsible for interviewing, scheduling, assigning work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and disciplining staff.
- Provide direct Supervision, development, guidance and coaching to team members. Influences team to get the job done. Develops team members to understand processes, methods, controls and systems. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict. Delegates assignments to Team Leads or team members.
- Tenaciously addresses all unplanned department downtime events in order to return site to “Safe, Reliable Operations” as soon as feasible.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure a best in class
- Team properly stores equipment and implements good operating procedures, resulting in minimal equipment damage.
- Ensure raw materials and equipment availability to meet defined production schedules with a minimum amount of down time. Identify, cost, prioritize and execute projects.
- Ensures staff enforce rules, adhere to safety and company policies and procedures, are consistent, fair, act ethically and within legal parameters.
- Supports our green waste program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience actively Supervising Manufacturing Production, Supervisory responsibility and leading a team in a fast-paced food production environment. Chilled food experience preferred.
- Advanced education or related degree in culinary arts, food safety or management is preferred.
- Certification and training in HACCP, Food Handling/ ServSafe, Culinary arts, CCP’s helpful.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Able to work a flexible schedule and weekend work when necessary.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and develop team members.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter who is able to accomplish the work and meet targets thru others
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for extended periods
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.