Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: La Mirada, CA
- Job Schedule: Sunday - Thursday, 6:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- Starting Pay: $15.00 per hour + $500 Sign-On Bonus**
- Position is immediately available
The Materials Handler is responsible for counting and staging raw materials for use on the production lines for the same day or next day production. The Material Handler is expected to be an active participant in all aspects of the Production and Packout, departments from food and material supplies, preparation, and to cleanup. This role monitors and inspects raw food products for quality and brings issues to the attention of management. The Material Handler will maintain proper rotation of products at all times. They will support the Department Manager with tasks associated with next day production and maintain the cleanliness of the floors in the staging and work areas. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
- Receives products, raw materials and supplies from the warehouse or kitchen staff for use in the Production and Pack-out departments.
- Supports the administrative processes of Revolution Foods HACCP program, maintaining temperature and waste logs.
- Verifies the daily plan for product, supply and menu items needed for up to 1 week in advance.
- Understands the material and food handling requirements, movement routines, quality product and what good looks like.
- Coordinates the planning and ordering of products for Pack-out.
- Monitors food quality standards at all times. Responsible for double checking counts, proper staging, labeling and placement of unused products or waste. Supports the green waste compost and recycling program.
- Open cases and stage products to easily unload and supply products for use on production lines. May use pallet jacks and other material handling equipment or move lighter loads manually.
- Responsible for examining product content for qualify. Ensure partial cases are used before newer product. Assists with packout of finished products, stacking, sorting, and racking products.
- Responsible for proper inventory counts, proper stock rotation, stock levels, documenting product rejections, proper storage and moving products into the WIP or Production storage areas.
- Assists with changeovers, cleaning and sanitizing of production lines.
- Uses computer skills and data entry experience to enter data into an inventory control data management computer system.
- Adheres to and promotes proper GMP’s when working within food production areas or handling food products.
- Responsible to clean the work area and equipment, regularly removing empty pallets, wood and plastic.
- May stage rolling racks of food products and organize loading on delivery trucks using pallet jacks.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This includes wearing the required PPE in designated areas. Corrects and/or reports any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- May complete a variety of routine admin tasks associated with the work.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in a food production or food warehouse environment.
- Minimum 1 year of experience completing inventory counts, admin tasks or data entry.
- Previous forklift experience desirable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler, ServSafe and other certification desirable.
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment, with a good demeanor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts and weekend work.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a very fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will be responsible for common routines.
- Ability to read, count, follow basic instructions and apply basic math skills.
- Ability to work as a team and individually to accomplish the work.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
**Sign-on Bonus: Should you accept this offer of employment, you will receive a sign-on bonus of $500.00, payable after 30-days of employment. In order to receive payment, you must (i) be actively employed in your current role through the date this payment is made, (ii) perform your responsibilities satisfactorily, complying with all Company policies and practices, (iii) must have perfect attendance and be on time for work daily, and (iv) not be on any form of disciplinary action or performance improvement plan at the time of payment.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.