The Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing Hourly & Salaried centralized, multi-state, bi-weekly payroll activities and related work for our food based operations. Compiles employee timekeeping information and payroll data. Processes terminations, off-cycle pay requests and retro pay adjustments, garnishments and salary verifications. Requires a good knowledge of common payroll processes, CA wage and hour requirements, payroll entries, final pay requirements, documentation and auditing expectations. Experience working in a multi-unit manufacturing and fast-paced environment, with UltiPro or similar systems preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Payroll Manager, demonstrates personal professionalism and integrity, ensuring our payroll practices consistently meet compliance standards, are accurate and timely. Will respond to service tickets, research information, collect and reconcile data, make required adjustments and document actions taken. Responsible to:
- Process bi-weekly payroll, off-cycle adjustments, and other authorized payroll transactions. Analyzes timekeeping information, prepare, enters and reconcile payroll data. Uses automated payroll system (UltiPro) to produce accurate and timely payroll.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal payroll, benefit, wage and hour laws.
- Maintains KPI data and prepares a variety of reports. (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, garnishments/liens, etc.).
- Verifies payroll adjustments, retro pay, salary projections, refunds, and other pay related matters submitted for processing. Maintains documentation and justification kept within financial folders.
- May support other payroll related functions, requests, adjustments, summaries, deductions, garnishments, child support orders and withholding for accuracy.
- Establish and maintain effective rapport and relationships with team members, HR and HR teams. Acts proactively to resolve potential issues and adapting to ever-changing business environments.
- May verify current and former employment, earnings, unemployment claims, and other employee pay related data. Ensure timely and accurate documentation of all payroll transactions and company obligations.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide overall planning, direction and support within the Markets supported.
- May complete a variety of administrative tasks, spreadsheets, pivot tables, comparison data, presentations, routine office tasks, keyboarding, completing research, track information, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning to files, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- 5 years experience processing inhouse payroll for multi-unit operations, with a heavy focus on Hourly wage and hour pay rules and compliance. Experience with multi-state operations is helpful.
- APA Certification and/or College degree in a related field or an acceptable combination of education and experience, preferred
- Ability to work well with others and maintain a positive disposition when working against deadlines
- A team player that also works well to independently achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Financial Acumen and attention to detail, with flexibility to meet changing business needs
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, Excel pivot tables & VLookups
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Must be a well organized self-starter that is able to routinely meet deadlines
- Ability to keep a positive mindset and work well under pressure
- Results-driven with the ability to execute routines and meet deadlines
- Skillful at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, processes and projects
- Works well with internal or external team members and building relationships
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.