Production Manager (Evergreen)
We are always accepting applications for our Production Manager roles across the country. Apply today to be considered during our next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
The Production Manager is responsible for managing a fast-paced production department within a Revolution Foods factory in a continuous improvement environment. They ensure maximum efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of legislative, company standards, and specifications. The Production Manger sets priorities, spot checks results, leads teams to perform with best in class efficiencies in compliance with all safety, company, and regulatory agency requirements. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members. If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs staff and operational control of one or more food production teams.
- Provides training and motivation to team members, using recognition, and positive feedback.
- Follows all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety, visual quality and PPE requirements.
- Sets priorities and gives direction based upon the daily production plan, controls labor costs, meets KPI targets for the department.
- Strategically plans, organizes, and manages the food production department with regards to daily production routines, priorities, hours, schedules, productivity, quality and safety.
- Ensures timely and accurate production and preparation of food products, to include set-up, staging, change overs, allergen controls, and department sanitation.
- Understands KPI's, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results.
- Exercises fiscal controls over operational spending and the location budget. Makes CapEx proposals and gets appropriate approval, where needed.
- Actively coaches, trains and develops team to build confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict. Delegates assignments to Team Leads or team members.
- Responsible for interviewing, scheduling, assigning work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and disciplining staff.
- Provides direct supervision, development, guidance, motivation and coaching to team members.
- Tenaciously addresses all unplanned department downtime events in order to return site to “Safe, Reliable Operations” as soon as feasible.
- Ensures raw materials and equipment availability to meet defined production schedules with a minimum amount of down time. Identify, cost, prioritize and execute projects.
- Ensures staff follows rules, adheres to safety and company policies and procedures, are consistent, fair, act ethically and within legal parameters.
- Ensures production department(s) operate at maximum efficiency. Work in collaboration with the Operating Management team to ensure a best in class performance
- Brings the company's values and management principles to life in the department(s).
- Team properly stores equipment and implements good operating procedures, resulting in minimal equipment damage.
- Supports our Green Waste program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience actively managing and leading a team in a fast-paced food production environment. Chilled food experience preferred.
- Advanced education or related degree in culinary arts, food safety or management is preferred.
- Certification and training in HACCP, Food Handling/ ServSafe, Culinary arts, CCP’s helpful.
- Ablility to work a flexible schedule and weekend work when necessary.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and develop team members.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability; ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solve.
- A self-starter with the ability to accomplish the work and meet targets by leading others.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.