Director, Internal Auditor
The Director, Internal Auditor is responsible for developing and adhering to an internal audit program, identifying and assessing internal risks, obtain and evaluate internal policies and procedures, preparing and presenting reports regarding findings, developing recommendations, and conducting follow-up audits. This will be a blended role focusing on financial and operational compliance programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Chief Executive Officer to audit, review and implement rigorous internal controls and processes as part of the risk management strategy of the business. This will include the following: Quarterly audits of Travel and Entertainment, Payroll, and Vendor agreements and contracts.
- Review all culinary, distribution and Human Resources related activities aimed at safeguarding company assets and legal compliance.
- Quarterly review with company Audit Chair and Audit committee. May support external audits conducted by insurers and benefit transactions.
- Prepare all accounting processes in conjunction with the annual audit of the company.
- Creation of audit guidelines and processes to safeguard all company assets.
- Create a strong risk management function aimed as safeguarding the company’s assets, while lending support to game-changing projects that drive profitability and growth sustainability for the company.
- Strengthen internal controls in order to foster a culture of accuracy of financial data, with strong integrity and ethics at the center of our business culture, companywide.
- Perform testing, verifying the effectiveness of established processes and procedures and verbally communicate and confirm audit findings/observations identified through detailed testing. Compile findings and communicate results and recommendations for improvements to procedures or processes.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, or related fields is required. A CPA is a plus.
- CIA or CISA certification highly desirable
- 5-7 years’ experience in a public accounting firm, or internal audit experience primarily in a consumer products company with manufacturing capabilities.
- Risk Management Assessment experience.
- Excellent understanding and experience in applying principles in practice within a financial and manufacturing industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Ability to travel 50% - 70% of the time.
- Function in a highly professional and confidential manner, maintaining independence and objectivity from the areas audited, in compliance with internal auditing standards and ethics.
- Strong process and documentation skills.
- Hands-on, detail oriented Professional with high integrity, credibility, and unquestionable ethical standards.
- Thorough Knowledge of Finance / Accounting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal and multi-state financial regulations.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly assimilate an understanding of business operations and procedures.
- Excellent Excel, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and computer skills required.
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks.
- Candidates in and near the Culinary Centers and Headquarters in Oakland, CA, Stafford, Texas and Edison, New Jersey will also be considered.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.