Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development (DBD) will cultivate and lead new business development in an assigned market/region. With primary responsibility for generating sales from new customers, the Director of Business Development will solicit potential school and community partners or other pipeline opportunities, engaging them in Revolution Foods’ mission of improving food and food service in schools and identifying mutually beneficial partnership opportunities, and growing new business sales.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible to build strong relationships with school districts, charter management organizations, school board members, state education departments, school officials associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups.
- Responsible for cultivating relationships with schools and community partners for maintaining accounts and growing sales revenue, profit and brand recognition in public schools and fresh food categories.
- Manage the strategic business development process for new school prospects through lead sourcing, sales process to contract signing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with charter management organizations, state education departments, school officials, associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups, school board members, and other strategically identified stakeholders to make a compelling case for using Revolution Foods as their meal service provider.
- Manage high level relationships with critical stakeholders and decision makers after the sale closes to ensure good relationship building and successful renewal.
- Ensure timely and efficient hand off to Account Management and Operations for all new customers prior to start of service.
- Effective cross functional leadership/communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams to support overall account management.
- Actively works to achieve and exceed financial performance and revenue growth goals.
- Proactively identifies market shifts and the potential impact to accounts.
- Create and maintain an on-going strategy for account management, including creating and managing data to support results.
- Provide timely and positive resolution of escalated account management issues and communicate with key customers, business partners and executives on significant issues and accomplishments.
- Use technology, data and rigorous business analysis and critical path strategies to enhance effectiveness, improve efficiencies and margins, and drive customer engagement
- Implement and continually evaluate actions/processes to drive increased utilization and sell through of Revolution Foods products and services. May collaborate with Marketing on promotional materials, campaigns or events.
Required Experience and Education:
- 5 years of prior account management, sales or business development experience required.
- 3+ years experience acting as part of a sales team, negotiating contract terms and conditions
- College degree in a related field or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- K-12 or Charter School Food sales experience related to meal service is preferred. Other related experience will be delivered.
- Experience establishing progressive sales growth of fresh food consumer products, preferably clean label products.
- Financial Acumen and Budgeting Experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Approximately 80% domestic travel required.
- An engaging presence and strong ability to build authentic relationships with all levels of school administration
- A Proven track record of setting clear, measurable goals, tracking progress against them, and attaining high levels of sales success.
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.