Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development (DBD) will cultivate and lead new business development in an assigned market/region. With primary responsibility for generating sales from new customers, the Director of Business Development will solicit potential school and community partners or other pipeline opportunities, engaging them in Revolution Foods’ mission of improving food and food service in schools and identifying mutually beneficial partnership opportunities, and growing new business sales.
Responsible to build strong relationships with school districts, charter management organizations, school board members, state education departments, school officials associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups.
- Responsible for cultivating relationships with schools and community partners for the purpose of maintaining accounts and growing sales revenue, profit and brand recognition in public schools and fresh food categories.
- Manage the strategic business development process for new school prospects through lead sourcing, sales process to contract signing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with charter management organizations, state education departments, school officials, associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups, school board members, and other strategically identified stakeholders to make a compelling case for using Revolution Foods as their meal service provider.
- Represent Revolution Foods at conferences, industry events, speaking engagements and other key business building engagements. Identifies opportunities to generate interest in Revolution Foods. May coordinate introductions and marketing displays or company information.
- Manage high level relationships with critical stakeholders and decision makers after the sale closes to ensure good relationship building and successful renewal.
- Serve as a champion of Revolution Foods to obtain and pursue referrals in the broader community.
- Ensure timely and efficient hand off to Account Management and Operations for all new customers prior to start of service.
- Leverage relationship skills to assist with renewal and renewal strategy development for key accounts and accounts at risk.
- Use Salesforce.com to track sales pipeline and business development progress.
- Effective cross functional leadership/communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams to support overall account management.
- Actively works to achieve and exceed financial performance and revenue growth goals.
- Proactively identifies market shifts and the potential impact to accounts.
- Create and maintain an on-going strategy for account management, including creating and managing data to support results.
- Provide timely and positive resolution of escalated account management issues and communicate with key customers, business partners and executives on significant issues and accomplishments.
- Use technology, data and rigorous business analysis and critical path strategies to enhance effectiveness, improve efficiencies and margins, and drive customer engagement
- Implement and continually evaluate actions/processes to drive increased utilization and sell through of Revolution Foods products and services. May collaborate with Marketing on promotional materials, campaigns or events.
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety,, visual quality and PPE requirements when in a plant.
- May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks, receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- 5 years of prior account management, sales or business development experience required.
- 3+ years experience acting as part of a sales team, negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- College degree in a related field or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- K-12 or Charter School sales experience is preferred. Other related experience will be considered.
- Financial Acumen and Budgeting Experience.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel, Salesforces or similar CRM systems.
- Embodies the entrepreneurial spirit and takes ownership of partnerships, while achieving results.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Approximately 80% domestic travel required.
- An engaging presence and strong ability to build authentic relationships with all levels of school administration.
- A Proven track record of setting clear, measurable goals, tracking progress against them, and attaining high levels of sales success.
- A self-motivated professional with natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset.
- Strong organizational skills, results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute tactical plans.
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships.
- The position is based out of home office, frequent regional travel required.
Why join Revolution Foods?
We specialize in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef-crafted, and kid-approved food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to students. With our challenging yet fun environment, watch your career develop while making a difference!
As more communities and major cities across the U.S. shutter their schools for an indefinite period, we’ve pivoted to provide emergency healthy meals for children, families and seniors who might otherwise lack adequate nutrition.
At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods which provides healthy family meals across the nation!
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.