Human Resource Generalist
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company stock options
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: This position is a hybrid remote role with workdays from home and workdays on-site at a Revolution Foods office, with periodic domestic travel. The employee must be located near our Offices/Culinary Centers in Boston, MA.
The HR Generalist serves as a partner and liaison between Human Resources and one or more Market operations to assist with employee-related processes and administration. This includes employment, benefits, policy, procedures, ER issues, performance management, training coordination and compliance. Ensures timely administration and compliance with company policy. The position is responsible for supporting people-related KPIs, and administering human resource practices to meet objectives for Operations, Serves as an advocate, a change agent, employee champion, resource and coach of best practices. Required to coordinate team-related programs and messages, assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicates needs proactively within the HR department and business management, maintaining a supportive and positive disposition. If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop daily routines in support of the Operation. Uses varied methods of communication to reach a diverse population to engage employees and promote relationship building and efficient ways of working.
- Works closely with the Facility Management Team to support initiatives, KPI’s and compliance with policy, employment, contracts and labor laws. Work with HR, Payroll and Operations teams to administer the company programs; evaluate personnel actions for compliance and accuracy, and provide policy guidance to managers.
- Actively participates in recruitment by attracting, assessing, selecting and onboarding team members, ensuring full legal and contractual compliance. Seeks guidance and approval from HR Management before deterring from the policy.
- Maintains an in-depth industry knowledge of HR-related disciplines related to day-to-day management of employees in alignment with business objectives.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and partners with operations to identify and reduce legal risks. Escalates matters that may need legal review or additional input at a senior management level.
- Drives strategic and tactical planning in organizational development, culture, and capability development and performance management.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance in line with company policy and to police consistency and fairness. Meets with employees to provide general guidance and assistance, and defers to managers as appropriate.
- Investigate, document and resolve common employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective findings, as necessary. Interviews complainant and witnesses as necessary, and makes recommendations.
- Responds to inquiries related to policies, protocol, procedures, benefits, and programs.
- Gathers data and supports KPI reporting to define specific performance expectations and outcomes.
- Responsible for delivering on-boarding and meeting all pre and post-employment requirements.
- Partners with Operations and Training representatives to deliver training and development experiences about a variety of soft skills, food safety and leadership opportunities. May be responsible for tracking and reporting on completed training.
- Provides input on business unit workforce planning, structure, staffing alignment, and other efforts.
- Coach, mentor and develop Team Members to build capability for collaboration and partnership.
- Work in conjunction with HR to ensure clear communication and effective escalation and handoff processes and procedures.
- Work in collaboration with HR People team to implement metrics/dashboard, processes, systems and best practices to measure progress and ensure consistent practices across all markets.
- Complete reports, summaries, analyze documents, preparing presentations, completing research, track information, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- 3-5 years of Human Resource Generalist experience
- BA/BS degree in HR or a related field or PHR, SPHR, SHRM certification is a plus.
- Experience that demonstrates a good working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including Federal and state employment laws, leave practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and project management.
- Previous experience working in a Food Manufacturing, grocery or retail field-based role.
- Strong technical ability to work with software applications, including the development of tables, excel spread sheets, formulas, custom reporting, interfaces, and data transfer.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Domestic travel will be necessary for periodic meetings
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with employees and management at all levels.
- A self-motivated professional that is able to work independently or with a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively to influence outcomes and strategies to gain support and achieve results thru others.
- Must have natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset.
- Ability to prepare for and participate in difficult conversations. Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
- Strong organizational skills, results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute tactical plans
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.