Maintenance Technician I
Looking to work for a revolutionary, mission-driven organization that generates positive impacts in our communities? Then Revolution Foods may be the organization for you! We specialize in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef crafted, and kid approved food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to students. With our challenging yet fun environment, watch your career develop while making a difference!
Why join Revolution Foods?
At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
• Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods which provides healthy family meals across the nation!
• Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
• Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
• Five (5) paid holidays and five (5) paid vacation days for full-time employees
• Free daily meals for all of our employees
Skilled Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of all commercial equipment and machinery within the chilled food facility. Keeps the culinary center and its grounds in a safe, clean, secure and operable condition. The primary objective is to keep operations running efficiently and effectively, with a minimum amount of down time in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Will manage daily maintenance needs and routine preventive maintenance work to ensure the proper upkeep of the machinery, equipment, fixtures and the facility. These responsibilities may also include, but are not limited to:
- General facility maintenance, assembly and maintenance on fixtures, office equipment and furniture repair. Maintain and repair a variety of kitchen equipment including kettles, skillets, ovens, warmers, thermal units, racking, conveyor and heat seal machines. This may require reading service manuals, schematics, diagrams, blue prints or as-builds.
- Ability to read schematics, diagrams, service manuals and blue prints.Goal-driven with the ability to multi-task and work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs machinery and equipment within the designated facility. This may include, but is not limited to, conveyors, PLC, packaging equipment, minor electrical, hydraulics, pneumatic's, instrumentation, refrigeration, water, sewer, treatment, etc. This may require reading service manuals, schematics, diagrams, blue prints or as-builds.
- Assemble, maintain and repair office area and repair office area including lighting, bathroom plumbing, paint, trim and furniture. Clean, patch and paint as needed. May complete landscaping tasks, as needed.
- Assists with maintaining and sourcing tools, parts and supplies. Required to adjust devices and control instrumentation. Routinely uses excepted practices to troubleshoot equipment and machinery.
- Manage preventative maintenance (PM) agreements with vendors and ensure PM visits occur in a timely fashion for equipment such as HVAC, refrigeration, forklift, compressor and generator.
- Perform regular (daily/weekly/monthly/annual) property and equipment inspections.
- Controls and tracks downtime associated with maintenance and repair work. Documents what corrective actions were taken.
- Respond to emergency calls during non-business hours.
- May coordinate with agency representatives to inspect and ensure that all required certifications are up-to-date (sprinkler systems, health department, fire marshal, etc.).
- May need to liaise with 3rd party vendors at the site or by phone where equipment is under warranty, or to help establish or diagnose a problem. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and demeanor as a business representative.
- Coordinate service calls with trades people when necessary.
- Ensure that all maintenance tools are in good working condition and stored neatly and securely. Maintain tool inventory. May assist with sourcing tools, parts and supplies.
- Perform other tasks as needed (including lifting 50 pounds, cleaning units, maintain and secure tools, etc.) Follows all required safe work practices. This includes lockout tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- May assist team members with related tasks when needed.
- Performs other duties, as needed.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.