Looking to work for a revolutionary, mission-driven organization that generates positive impacts in our communities? Then Revolution Foods may be the organization for you! We specialize in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef crafted, and kid approved food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to students. With our challenging yet fun environment, watch your career develop while making a difference!
Why join Revolution Foods?
At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods which provides healthy family meals across the nation!
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- Five (5) paid holidays and five (5) paid vacation days for full-time employees
- Free daily meals for all of our employees
What are we looking for?
The Server Team Lead provides excellent service to students, school, and Revolution Foods (RF) staff. He or she encourages and engages with students to try our menu items, and fruits and vegetables. The Server Team Lead prepares meals, sets up for service and serves with a sense of urgency. The Server Team Lead ensures that food safety procedures are always followed and is accountable for food and utensil receipt. The Server Team Lead is the primary Point of Service (POS) operator. If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities: The Team Lead is responsible for supporting the Server Supervisor in delivering on set expectations, teaching proper ways of working, coordinating priorities, and motivating a team members to maximum performance and efficiency. Will help with tasks, coach, teach, mentor and promote safety and food safety.
- Accounts for team members at the school site. Sets daily priorities, assign staff to the line, follows recipes and SOP instructions, stage products and racks, heat products, and keep service areas clean and sanitary.
- Keep students informed of the scheduled menu and new items while looking for ways to increase breakfast participation, Get student/customer feedback, (food quality, likes and dislikes) during non-service time (if allowed) and communicates feedback to management.
- Reconciles student meals served in coordination with school staff, in full compliance with the program.
- Coordinates the unloading of products from truck deliveries. Verifies receipt of inventory and documents damages goods and waste.
- Ensure food quality standards and Food Safety plans are followed from delivery to re-therm (heat/ re-heat) to presentation/service of the final product. in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service.
- Follows recipes and instructions to set up and break down the food line area, prep, stock, assemble and serve meals, snacks and beverages.
- Records daily events, waste, participation data and variances. Completes daily procedure checklist (cleaning, timeline, logs etc.) observant of the changes in business models and is able to communicate those changes.
- Sets the tone to establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency, quality and effective communication within and outside of the department.
- Lead team in following safe work practices.
- Uses computer skills to enter data into an inventory control data management computer system. May assist with preparing a variety of production and inventory related reports or documents.
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum 1- 2 years of leadership/ supervisory experience in a food production environment
- Experience in a fast-paced food related environment with changing priorities is preferred
- Experience achieving positive results thru other team members
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts and weekend work
- Demonstrated ability to be an assertive, self-starter who will be responsible for starting up equipment timely and efficiently. Goal-driven with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills, demeanor and interpersonal relations skills
- Attention to detail is required. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read, count, follow basic instructions and apply basic math skills in English
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to enter data routinely
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.