FP&A Manager, Labor & Transportation
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will own strategic planning and financial management related to labor planning, transportation, delivery, and other overhead costs. They will work collaboratively with our Operations teams in 8 markets to ensure we hit our cost targets while reach appropriately balancing operational success, customer experience, and overall company goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review daily / weekly labor spend and work with operations to set appropriate targets.
- Review weekly transportation and delivery spend and work with operations to set appropriate targets.
- Review, analyze, and report on labor and delivery costs by market.
- Manage and maintains the delivery and labor cost dashboard and associated data.
- Contributes to monthly financial reporting package.
- Contributes to the Annual Operating Plan and the latest forecast.
- Supporting the CFO in documentation and preparation of the Strategic Road Map for Operations and related growth opportunities.
- Contribute to and support presentations from a total company perspective, and analysis on performance vs. Plan, Prior Year, and Latest Forecasts.
- Provide insights on key macroeconomic, customer, and competitive trends that impact the business.
- Support all strategic work completed in conjunction with operational strategy.
- Provide analysis to determine key operational initiatives and their related merit to foster efficiency and margin improvement across the company.
Required Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years of experience in the Financial Planning and Analysis function, preferably in the consumer products goods sector.
- The person will sit at our headquarters in Oakland, CA.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, economics or a business-related field is required. MBA a plus.
- Advanced MS Office experience; highly proficient in MS Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple business functions in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-motivated individual with natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset.
- Able to work well with others to achieve daily work goals.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Power BI, Tableau, or any data analytic experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Anaplan a plus.
- Integrity, credibility, and character with unquestionable ethical standards.
- Hands-on, detail-oriented and professional.
- Clear and concise written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong process and documentation skills.
- Able to review data to determine key trends, with strong recommendations.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.