Inventory Control Associate
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Stafford, Texas
- Job Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- Starting Pay: $20.00/hr DOE
The Inventory Control Associate will work with the Planning, Procurement, Warehouse, and Production Teams to drive internal process improvements. The Inventory Control Associate will be responsible for posting receipts, posting internal transfers, ensuring all quantities are verified, performing cycle counts, posting inventory counts, reviewing inventory discrepancies, working with the internal team to develop and implement new operations processes. The Inventory Supervisor will also be responsible for ensuring product rotation, and FIFO is consistently followed within all aspects of the warehouse.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures daily receipts are posted in the MRP software.
- Checks and verifies internal transfer quantities.
- Posts all internal transfers.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date open PO report.
- Perform weekly cycle counts, and post inventory counts in MRP software.
- Ensure Production has all inventory needed for each day’s production.
- Responsible for inventory rotation and FIFO inventory rotation.
- Manages food waste program – daily recording of waste level and removal of waste from all kitchen areas.
- Works with Purchasing, Planning, and Warehouse departments to ensure all material and process needs are met each day.
- Follows established receiving procedures and is responsible for food storage according to HACCP program and health applicable regulations.
- Effectively communicates and practices all company policies.
- Complies with all state Health and Safety codes.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- Proactively identifies gaps in performance and expectations and elevates them to resolution
- Work interdepartmentally to ensure equal accountability and collaboration so problems are shared
- Manage ongoing projects within the facility designed to improve safety, costs, or efficiencies
- Ability to work with vendors, partners, and suppliers for problem resolution
Preferred Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years of culinary experience in a busy food service environment is highly preferred
- Experience working in fast-paced manufacturing, distribution, or food environment minimally required
- High aptitude with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems
- Previous Experience with developing SOPs
- Previous experience managing inventory.
- Experience in forklift operation, certification a plus.
- Ability to work alone as well as within a team.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Keep an up to date tracker of projects, benchmark goals, and timelines for completion of ongoing projects
- Effectively communicate challenges to the leadership team when they arise
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A Metrics-driven mindset with analytical skills
- Ability to achieve objectives through others
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Ability to motivate and develop team members.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Critical Thinking-Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions and problem-solve
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full-time employees
- Company-paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.