Director of Human Resources & Strategic Planning
Job Responsibilities: This role provides a broad range of human resources services to our culinary centers and HR generalists in meeting their business objectives and business initiatives. This role will work with our HR professionals and operational leaders to influence strategy, maximize workforce capabilities, and advance key organizational goals. S/he will guide, draft, manage, and oversee the overall provision of HR services, policies, practices and training programs for the culinary centers, adopting best in class processes and practices. This is a highly collaborative role, working closely with the HR team, our market leadership, and employees to advise, coach, train, report and drive compliance. In partnership with the GC & VP of People, will take lead and execute on specific projects involving high level strategic planning for organization initiatives, human resources trends in the marketplace, and project management of Company initiatives, including but not limited to, rewards and recognition, performance management and discipline, recruitment and retention, and human resources transactions.
The role enlists and coordinates with other subject matter experts on the human resources team, advising on best practices for the Company’s culinary centers and overall Company and collaborating on rollout of projects and initiatives. This position is actively involved in developing short and long range planning for human resources initiatives and culinary center projects, as well as supporting the Company’s People KPIs. This role will serve as an advocate for the Company’s culture and its employees. S/he will manage the Company’s regional Human Resources Business Partners who in turn manage other HR generalists at our culinary centers. Finally, this position also provides human resources support to our headquarters’ team, primarily in onboarding, offboarding and employee relations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, concentration preferred in Human Resources Management, Education, Psychology or Business.
- Demonstrated client focus, management, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Experience that demonstrates a good working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including federal and state employment laws, leave practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, management training, and project management, particularly in a multi-state, multi-leveled and multi-unit environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience required. PHR/SPHR/SHRM certification preferred.
- UltiPro experience a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.