Director of Compensation & Benefits
The Director of Compensation & Benefits is responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing oversight of the Company’s compensation and benefits programs. Works with executive team to ensure that compensation and benefits programs support the organization's objectives, cultural needs while satisfying all legal requirements. Takes a strategic and creative approach to compensation and benefits issues. The Director of Compensation and Benefits plays a critical cross-functional role between Human Resources and Finance.
- Develop and administer the company’s compensation programs; evaluate salary structures and define pay bands, provide guidance to managers on pay decisions, analyze pay practices, accounting for pay equity laws, design incentive comp programs, retention bonus programs, and similar incentives.
- Research and recommend design of benefit programs and practices, taking into account exempt and non-exempt employee needs.
- Research, evaluate and recommend changes to existing programs or the implementation of new programs.
- Evaluate, select, and manage third party vendors responsible for providing data or services for compensation and benefits programs ensuring that (1) contract obligations are met, (2) programs are administered in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, (3) employees and participants are satisfied with the purchased services, (4) invoicing is properly managed, and (4) value is received for cost.
- Partner with HR to develop and deliver training and development experiences regarding compensation and benefit programs.
- Implement reporting cadence for comp and benefits program, designed to inform effectiveness of offerings with exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Work with Payroll to ensure compliance with minimum wage laws.
- Design, oversee and rollout open enrollment program.
- Provide timely and positive resolution of escalated compensation issues and communicate with key customers, business partners and executives on significant issues and resolution.
- Develop and implement metrics/dashboard, processes, systems and best practices to measure progress and ensure consistent compensation practices across all markets.
- Respond to claims regarding benefits programs, including, but not limited to, ERISA claims from participants and 401k claims from the government.
- 10+ years of compensation and benefits experience
- Demonstrated subject matter knowledge as may be shown through certification; i.e., SPHR, CCP, CEBS or similar professional designations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects and the associated cultural change that accompanies new programs, processes, or policies.
- Experience with project management and change management.
- Strong technical skills, including the ability to work with software applications and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- A self-motivated leader with creative and strategic problem-solving capabilities
- positive mindset
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to project manage company-wide initiatives
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships. Someone who can distill complex topics into simple, easy to understand bullet points.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.