Quality Assurance Manager
The QA Manager is responsible for managing the Quality Assurance department within a Revolution Foods factory. Ensures maximum food safety and ensures sanitation standards are in full compliance of legislative, company standards, and specifications. The QA Manager is responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining Quality Assurance systems and programs to assure product integrity and compliance with SQF, GMP's, HAACP, company regulatory and customer standards. They also promotes healthy, clean processing standards, documentation, training and employee development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for applying knowledge of fresh food quality, systems, processing, controls, packaging and labeling to ensure full compliance in a chilled fresh food environment. Develops good relations with regulatory representatives and responds to needs for technical information and documentation. Provides training and motivation to team members, using recognition, and positive feedback. Gives direction based upon the daily production plan, raw material specs, recipes, and assembly requirements.
- Responsible to ensure department(s) operate at maximum efficiency and demonstrate the highest level of food safety standards. Bring the company's values and management principles alive.
- Responsible to oversee and manage the safe production of fresh food concepts that meet company objectives. Monitor, report and fix raw material and processing deviations to standards.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure best in class
- Responsible for implementation and training GMP’s and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Works closely with the processing team to document product runs, results, timing, proper date codes, samples and trials.
- Responsible to ensure the highest quality standards and good business relations are maintained with customers and governing agency representatives, such as USDA and FDA. This must be done within a strict and ever-changing regulatory framework around the treatment of food.
- Verifies food safety and quality within the operation and from supplier factories from raw material stage to finished product. Verifies texture, visual quality, shelf life, extended shelf life, temperature logs, packing alternatives, etc.
- Trains team members and visitors on GMP’s, sanitation and food security standards required by GMP's, HACCP, CCP’s and QA related SOP's/ SSOP’s.
- Plan, coordinate and motivate team members to meet business objectives.
- Prepare and monitor QA procedures at the site in conjunction with Technical Manager.
- Deliver and implement procedures to maintain proper protocol. Will prepare regular reports and KPI’s to establish daily accomplishments and efforts toward meeting objectives.
- May oversee the launch of new products or trials, gathering and documenting customer and employee feedback. May participate in sensory and test panels, documenting the results.
- Actively coach, train and develop team members to build confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results. Eliminates daily barriers to support positive results.
- Develops team members to understand processes, methods, controls and systems. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict. Delegates assignments to Team Leads or team members.
- Will liaise with 3rd party vendors, account representatives, and customers. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and demeanor as a business representative. Handles complaints according to established guidelines.
- Ensures staff enforce rules, adhere to safety, food safety, company policies and procedures. .
- Supports our green waste program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience actively managing a fresh food Quality Assurance program in a fast-paced food production environment.
- Advanced education or related degree in Food Science, food related technology, safety or management is preferred.
- Certification and training in HACCP, Food Handling/ ServSafe, CCP’s required.
- Experience working with regulatory agency representatives such as USDA, FDA, SQF and BRC certification requirements is required.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.