Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: La Mirada, CA
- Job Schedule: Monday - Friday 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Starting Pay: $15.00 per hour
The Production Associate primarily assists with the preparation, assembly, and packaging of thousands of meals per day. Responsibilities also include loading, labeling, stacking, sorting, and preparing product for shipping. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Delivers the overall efficiency and routine processes of production, assembly, packaging and pack-out of food products. This may include an understanding of efficiencies when handling, setup, startup, production, feeding the line, labeling, stacking, sorting, preparing for shipping, and other miscellaneous tasks. Responsible to keep work areas organized and clean. Follows and enforces GMP’s.
- Prepare and assemble a variety of products and meals according to the daily plan. Uses training and experience to work with a higher level of independence. May act in a line lead capacity, set the pace, rotate the team members on a line, documents product and process information.
- Needs minimal instruction from Team Leader or supervisors'. Follows approved procedures and standard protocols while maintaining high consistency in food quality standards. Demonstrates a good understanding of cross contamination, allergen controls and safe ways of working.
- May be responsible for check ware equipment, metal detection, identifying and documenting cross contamination, production errors, quality line checks, isolating product that needs to be reviewed by QA, and a variety of documentation and production reporting.
- Completes and follows the daily plan and prep list in a timely manner. Follows recipes, specifications, portion controls to assemble trays with planned menu items.
- Assemble or packs-out meals on the pack-out line to prepare for shipment. Carry food supplies, ingredients, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas. May de-box items, mix, blend, sort, stage, stack, scoop, assemble and fill meal trays.
- Ensures the team maintains a clean as-you-go area as a routine work practice.
- Assists with monthly inventory and counting units prepared for shipment.
- Helps with the daily clean-up of the kitchen and work space. Supports staff by keeping the facility clean and sanitary.
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and all state health and safety codes and maintains a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen area. Maintains master cleaning schedule responsibilities at all times.
- Responsible for working safely, lifting items properly, wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and notifying management of employees that may need to be reminded of proper ways of working. Safely uses all utensils, knives and equipment.
- Notifies team Lead or management of equipment failures or persistent problems with equipment.
- Complies with all state of California Health and Safety codes.
- Support the company “Green” waste, compost and recycling program
- May assist with other kitchen or department related tasks when needed. Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- Previous experience in manufacturing or assembly-line work environment
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well with others and participate as part of a team.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.