Quality Assurance Supervisor
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Edison, NJ
- Job Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6:30AM-4:00PM
- Salary Range: $30.00/hr DOE
Revolution Foods is hiring a Quality Assurance Supervisor Responsible for supervising the Quality Assurance department based in Revolution Foods New Jersey Culinary Center. The QA Supervisor will ensure maximum food safety and ensure sanitation standards are in full compliance of legislative, company standards, and specifications. The QA Supervisor is responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining Quality Assurance systems and programs to assure product integrity and compliance with SQF, GMP's, HAACP, company regulatory, and customer standards. They also promote healthy, clean processing standards, documentation, training, and employee development. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for applying knowledge of fresh food quality, systems, processing, controls, packaging, and labeling to ensure full compliance in a chilled fresh food environment.
- Responsible for ensuring department(s) operate at maximum efficiency and demonstrate the highest level of food safety standards. Bring the company's values and management principles alive.
- Develops good relations with regulatory representatives and responds to needs for technical information and documentation.
- Provides training and motivation to team members, using recognition, and positive feedback.
- Gives direction based upon the daily production plan, raw material specs, recipes, and assembly requirements.
- Responsible to oversee and manage the safe production of fresh food concepts that meet company objectives. Monitor, report and fix raw material and processing deviations to standards.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure best-in-class performance.
- Works closely with the processing team to document product runs, results, timing, proper date codes, samples and trials.
- Responsible to ensure the highest quality standards and good business relations are maintained with customers and governing agency representatives, such as USDA and FDA. This must be done within a strict and ever-changing regulatory framework around the treatment of food.
- Verifies food safety and quality within the operation and from supplier factories from raw material stage to finished product. Verifies texture, visual quality, shelf life, extended shelf life, temperature logs, packing alternatives, etc.
- Trains team members and visitors on GMP’s, sanitation and food security standards required by GMP's, HACCP, CCP’s and QA-related SOP's/ SSOP’s.
- Plan, coordinate and motivate team members to meet business objectives.
- Prepare and monitor QA procedures at the site in conjunction with Technical Manager.
- Deliver and implement procedures to maintain proper protocol. Will prepare regular reports and KPI’s to establish daily accomplishments and efforts toward meeting objectives.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience actively managing a fresh food Quality Assurance program in a fast-paced food production environment.
- Advanced education or related degree in Food Science, food-related technology, safety or management is preferred.
- Certification and training in HACCP, Food Handling/ ServSafe, CCP’s required.
- Experience working with regulatory agency representatives such as USDA, FDA, SQF, and BRC certification requirements is required.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full-time employees
- Company-paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- Paid vacation and sick time for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.