Temporary Associate Human Resource Generalist
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plans
- Onsite gym, with a free weekly employee exercise class!
- Healthy snacks, drinks, and a fully equipped kitchen for employee use
- Free onsite parking
- Accessible by public transit
Details of Position
- This is a Temporary Full-Time position
- The position will start remote, but the person in this role will be expected to go back into the Oakland office post COVID-19 social distancing
- This position is immediately available
The Associate HR Generalist will be a member of the People Team, reporting within the HR Team- HR Manager. The Associate HR Generalist will be responsible for supporting and assisting assigned HR functions. This position serves as a partner and liaison between Human Resources, Market Operations, and the Home Office Team (HOT) to support the Center of Excellence-Prescreening and Onboarding. The role will include onboarding, pre-employment, policy, procedures, training coordination and related projects to be supported by the Associate HR Generalist.Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general HR support to managers including responding to HR-related questions pertaining to the Prescreening/Onboarding Center of Excellence.
- Consistently uses technology such as a laptop and HRIS system to complete routine work related to HR daily tasks and deliverables. This may include preparing, verifying, delivering, and uploading personnel documents and also updating the HRIS system.
- Coordinate and maintain onboarding process documentation including all communications with new hires and hiring managers as needed to ensure a seamless onboarding experience.
- Assist in the pre-employment process, including but not limited to background checks, drug testing, and fingerprinting.
- Assists new hires with new hire paperwork with special attention focused on continuity, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Manage the day-to-day tasks within the onboarding program including but not limited to welcome communications to new hires, coordination with managers and tracking of candidates and new hires (offer dates, background status and start dates for all facilities).
- Be an ambassador of our employer brand, culture, and to our New Employee Orientation Program.
- Collect data and pull reports that audit onboarded new hires in order to ensure all system data is updated with zero errors.
- Assist HR other Generalists to provide support, as needed. Collaborate and build partnerships with cross-functional teams (Talent Acquisition, IT, department managers, etc.) and stakeholders to ensure our new hires' needs are being met.
- Follow company standards and legal regulations to ensure a safe and positive work atmosphere.
- Performs other duties, outside of the COE-Prescreening and Onboarding, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or four years’ commensurate experience.
- 2-3 years of transferable experience, in-house, startup experience preferred.
- Strong desire to learn and contribute to the business and Human Resources and demonstrate abilities through past experiences to learn quickly and build a strong foundation within two or more HR specialty areas.
- Experience working in a fast-paced food-related environment with changing priorities is helpful.
- Highly organized and process-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to build strong, Core Value centric relationships across the Company.
- Solid MS Office experience: proficient in MS Office programs such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel with good attention to detail.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- A self-motivated professional that is able to work independently while knowing when to seek guidance from peers and direct manger.
- Exhibits problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset along with being self-driven and has strong attention to detail and can navigate through ambiguity.
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
- Responsive and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks with always keeping in mind the importance of keen time management
- An unyielding commitment to customer service and a strong sense of urgency to complete pending deliverables on time and with quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Shows resourceful and creative problem-solving skills.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.