Area Operations Manager (Evergreen)
We are always accepting applications for our Area Operations Manager roles across the country. Apply today to be considered during our next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
The Area Operations Manager (AOM) has extensive contact with school representatives and oversee a team members that organize, prepare, and serve meals for school meal programs within a designated area, district or region. The AOM supports Revolution Foods business objectives while exceeding customers’ expectations and facilitates collaboration with the inter-department teams that, in an integrated way, work to deliver a world-class customer experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Prepares the plan for preparation of school meals, meal service, and delivery to multiple school sites. Maintains a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the kitchen.
- Plans, prepares and executes the daily implementation of account orders and service.
- Responsible for staff resource planning for service coverage at school sites, food preparation, and shift coverage over the morning and afternoon shifts. May provide coverage at schools during special events and activities, as agreed.
- Responsible for monitoring food and production costs, pricing, portion controls, quality assurance and controls. Responsible for the hands-on production duties as needed/required.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation on all contracts to ensure all school partners follow contractual partnership requirements and obligations.
- Maintains the highest levels of food safety, sanitation and cleanliness in all production and service areas. Monitors cleanliness of all area’s in the kitchen environment.
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation of food processing facilities and equipment. Ensures the proper use and care of equipment used in large-scale food operations.
- Review, analyze and train servers on proper ways of working, procedures and methods, and devise and implement improvements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide overall planning, direction and support to vendors, team members and assigned school partners within a defined Market, and to achieve Key Performance Indicators of customer satisfaction.
- Consistently assess satisfaction with menu offerings, planning and new product introductions to ensure customer expectations are met. May recommend product changes based on data review
- Development market forecasts with Account Management team and FP&A Manager to continually refine plans to optimize financial performance and productivity.
- Maintain monthly waste log and calculate monthly costs at close of month end inventory as directed.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the production staff.
- Coaches team members and executes disciplinary actions of hourly kitchen employees, as needed.
- Understands and monitors KPI's, targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results. Responsible to make the right decisions, quickly to achieve plans for the Company in coordination with team and cross-functional partners.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- 2-4 years of experience Managing a commercial or industrial kitchen or food service environment. This may be in factory department management or restaurant management operation with a broad range of culinary experience and hourly staffing.
- A Hospitality Management, Culinary degree, apprenticeship or training in a food or nutritional related field. Or, an acceptable combination of education and experience
- K-12 or Charter School Food service experience a plus and fresh food meal service is desirable
- Experience and the ability to motivate, train and achieve results thru a diverse group of team members
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel, ERP and/or CRM systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: both orally and in writing
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Must be willing to travel frequently within the regional designated area.
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships one-on-one
- Results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute plans successfully and efficiently
- A self-motivated leader with natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.