Data Systems Specialist
Responsible for entering and maintaining accurate food recipe data and manufacturer nutritional information in Revolution Foods data systems. Compiles information for entry in our Genesis software system, ensuring a high level of accuracy. This position will work closely with the Direct‐to‐Consumer meal product development team to deliver accurate data reporting of ingredient labels, nutrition decks, and recipe costs considering raw materials and packaging.
Revolution Foods has been working hard for a decade to build a values-based, systems-changing company that is on track to become the leading provider of healthy family meals across the nation. We are now serving over 2 million school meals a week in 14 states across the country. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create healthy food solutions that work. Our mission and core values, supports our passion. We provide the opportunity for you to learn new skills with our people-building philosophy, and career opportunity. We need professional team members that care about healthy eating, have great people skills with a desire to learn and grow with us. Let’s do this together!
Responsibilities: Primarily responsible for entering data related to recipes and food products into our software program and other projects and support functions. Information supports the Revolution Foods and customer standards and labeling requirements, and complies with governing agencies such as USDA, FDA, etc.
- Enters a variety of food product specifications, nutritional data, and recipes into our Genesis software system, ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Coordinates with the Revolution Foods direct-to-the-consumer meal product development team to gather or verify accurate recipe and ingredient information
- Utilize ESHA Genesis R&D Software program to create and maintain:
- Ingredient nutritional data
- Sub‐recipe nutritional data
- Meal nutritional data with formal label output for use by customers
- Build and maintain files (electronic and manual) for all products
- When necessary, work with Purchasing Dept. to contact manufacturers for related information
- Utilize company ERP system to enter and maintain data integrity of recipes and meal products
- Utilize professional record keeping skills to document necessary data and analysis
- Takes initiative to complete daily tasks and assigned projects with minimal direction. Is able to prioritize the work and identify results that fall outside of the company standards.
- Verifies information related to formulas, nutritionals and specification sheets.
- Calculate and finalize all nutrition labeling requirements. Reports information that falls outside of company standards. May verify label ingredient decks against system data for accuracy.
- May answer basic, routine questions and coordinate with other team members to meet business objectives.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with nutritional data and recipes or ERP database systems related work or a Healthy eating environment
- A minimum of 1-year experience working in the food industry in a
- Education or related degree in Nutrition, Food Science, or food related technology is preferred
- Experience applying FDA food labeling guidelines
- USDA Plant Manufacturing Guidelines a plus
- Experience maintaining files and
- Knowledge of FDA food labeling guidelines, particularly as it applies to fresh foods
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as volumetric calculations, food unit conversions, fractions and/or ratios, etc.
- Self-motivated with the ability to apply common sense and sound judgment to daily tasks
- Ability to comprehend technical information from official governmental guidelines, documents, and resources and explain research findings in layman’s terms
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Must be detail oriented, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.