Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
Details of Position
- Full-Time salaried position
- Based at our headquarters in Oakland, California
- Available imediately
The Senior Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and plays a critical role in the accounting department. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the application of accounting principles to a variety of accounting issues and transactions. This position will ensure accurate financial reporting.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for specific areas of assigned responsibility during the month-end and year-end close such as the preparation of audit-ready journal entries and general ledger reconciliations. Also serves as a key participant in the preparation for the annual financial audit as well as other specialized audits. This position will interface with other departments to resolve accounting issues, analyze fluctuations in financial results, and ensure accurate financial reporting. This is a highly analytical and detailed role with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the month-end financial close process, including, but not limited to the preparation of journal entries, bank, and balance sheet account reconciliations, and variance analyses
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of accounting entries and financial data
- Prepare local compliance filings, multi-state business property tax, mult-state sales & use tax filings, business licenses, and 1099s
- Work closely with department heads to support their needs and growth.
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies and procedures.
- Assist in the design of internal controls and policies in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Assist with financial and tax audits, interact with external auditors to ensure that support and explanations for all requests are provided in a timely manner
- Provide data and answer inquiries for outside tax preparers to complete annual and quarterly federal and state returns.
- Participate in cross-functional projects to drive overall enhancements of the Financial department and results.
- Assist in the research of data, entries, payments issued, and audit routines.
- Provide analysis of expenditures including the financial justification for spending, as needed.
- Maintain separation of duties and ensure all work is in compliance with company, State, and Federal accounting practices, applicable laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as needed,
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field
- CPA desirable but not required
- Must have knowledge of GAAP
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- System Implementation experience a plus
- Cost Accounting experience a plus
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions including pivot tables and V-Lookup’s
- Demonstration of skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with employees at all levels.
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-motivated professional that is able to work independently or with a team and have a positive mindset
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.