We are a mission-driven company focused on building life-long healthy eaters with kid-inspired, chef-crafted meals. If you want to use your technical skills to help solve some of our country’s biggest problems (food insecurity and lack of access to healthy food), come join our team!
- Primary point person for managing the request for proposal (RFP) and sales process and crafting bid responses to a high-volume of bids for the National School Lunch, Summer Food Service, and the Child and Adult Care Food programs.
- Interact with various departments across the company to gather information needed to populate bids. Departments include sales, marketing, customer experience, legal, and operations.
- Collaborate with sales on pricing and proposal response to anticipate competitor positioning and to maximize points across various RFP sections.
- Handle follow-up work associated with RFPs moving to the next phase: coordinating answers, additional information, etc.
- Oversee production of final proposals (formatting, technical editing and reproduction).
- Lead Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to develop a robust data base of competitor pricing and strategy when responding to bids.
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously to meet strict deadlines.
Candidate should have:
- 2-5 years of experience as a proposal writer or technical writer in government RFPs or IFBs (ideally with State agencies across the United States) delivering a high-quantity of winning proposals.
- Demonstrated desire and ability to learn technical and operational information including the requirements of different state agencies and federal meal programs plus the internal systems of Revolution Foods.
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management and organizational skills; able to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks to ensure that complex projects are completed by deadline in coordination with stakeholders across the country.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Experience interacting directly with executive and director-level team is a plus.
- Flexibility and willingness to step outside of traditional roles as needed in a fast-paced growth company environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, and possess the ability to quickly master internal systems and applications.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience in school food or food service space
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.