Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Job Schedule: Monday - Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm
- Starting Pay: $17-$19/hr DOE
- The position is immediately available
Position SummaryServers interact with students and faculty in a friendly and courteous manner on a daily basis, and are responsible for receiving, reheating, and serving meals at school sites. Servers are also responsible for collecting electronic menu options, inputting student orders into a computer database, and keeping the line management orderly. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for routine tasks related to serving food at school cafeteria locations. Follows and delivers Revolution Foods quality standards for all menu items per approved SOP’s. Will receive, set up, reheat, serve, and/or portion meals being served at school sites. Committed to being punctual, adhering to the time and attendance policy.
- Ensure food quality standards and HACCP plans are followed from delivery to re-therm (heat/ re-heat) to presentation/service of the final product. in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service.
- Follows recipes and instructions to set up and break down the food line area, prep, stock, assemble and serve meals, snacks and beverages.
- Handle and receive student ID cards, cash or check, and return change when necessary. Operates the Point of Sale (POS) in a manner that is compliant with school contract and government compliance regulations.
- Assist server team with food management, set up, service and clean up after breakfast and lunch meals.
- Records daily events, waste, participation data and variances. Completes daily procedure checklist (cleaning, timeline, logs etc.) observant of the changes in business models and is able to communicate those changes.
- Keep students informed of the scheduled menu and new items while looking for ways to increase breakfast participation, Gets student/customer feedback, (food quality, likes and dislikes) during non-service time (if allowed) and communicates feedback to management.
- Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods food safety policies.
- Maintains a clean, organized, sanitary-free service area.
- Observes a safety-first environment, free of hazards to include a dry floor,
- proper floor drain coverage and proper knife or equipment use and storage.
- May be required to rack trays and products, and stage racks for use or pick up.
- Complies with the company's green waste compost and recycling program.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- 1 or more years of customer service experience in a mid-high-volume food service facility or restaurant.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Ability to be punctual, and work a flexible schedule, covering early morning and mid-day shifts.
- Able to use good verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe and proper food handling procedures, and kitchen equipment is preferred.
- Preferred placement for those with a ServSafe food handlers permit, but this should not deter any applicants from applying.
- Ability to pass background check.
- Fingerprinting & TB Testing required upon hire.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination may be required.
- On-site COVID-19 testing may be required on a periodic basis. Revolution Foods employees staffed at partner sites that required such testing will be expected to comply with any such requirements.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company paid life insurance coverage
- Paid holidays and vacation days
- 401(k) enrollment
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. #zr
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.