Accounts Receivable Specialist
Supports the cash process by applying Company collection policies and procedures in a manner that will result in the sound conversion of receivables into cash, while maintaining a minimum quantity of past dues for assigned accounts. Ensures the timely billing and collections of payments from our customers. Responsible for processing of cash receipts, A/R postings & ledger reporting, invoicing and collections. Provides customer support through proactive and diligent resolution of outstanding deductions and proper maintenance for each account.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform full cycle accounts receivable tasks.
- Collect on past due accounts, research and resolve customer disputes.
- Maintains customer collection files with pertinent documentation and documents collection activity as warranted and in accordance with policy.
- Oversees the billing system, generate invoices and apply credits as necessary.
- Post, research and code cash receipts.
- Research and apply unapplied cash daily.
- Generate and provide invoices to customers.
- Generate A/R aging reports and review for correctness.
- Interact with departments to coordinate on collection of aged A/R.
- Keeps all key stakeholders, informed of any problematic Accounts Receivable (A/R) issues. Identifies and investigates irregularities and inquiries.
Required Experience and Education:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of accounts receivable processing experience.
- Hands-on data entry and knowledge of accounts receivable including cash application and collection.
- Intermediate Excel proficiency.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with customers.
- Detail oriented, accurate, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstration of skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.