Director of Business Development (Evergreen)
We are always accepting applications for our Director of Business Development positions across the country. Apply today to be considered during our next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
The Director of Business Development (DBD) cultivates and leads new business development in an assigned market/region. With the primary responsibility for generating sales from new customers, the Director of Business Development communicates with potential schools and community partners or other pipeline opportunities. They engage the prospects in Revolution Foods’ mission of improving food and food service in schools and identify mutually beneficial partnership opportunities and grow new business sales. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members! If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with school districts, charter management organizations, school board members, state education departments, school officials associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups.
- Cultivate those relationships for the purpose of maintaining accounts and growing sales revenue, profit and brand recognition in public schools and fresh food categories.
- Manage the strategic business development process for new school prospects through lead sourcing, sales process to contract signing.
- Develop connections with strategically identified stakeholders to make a compelling case for using Revolution Foods as their meal service provider.
- Manage high level relationships with critical stakeholders and decision makers after the sale closes to ensure good relationship building and successful renewal.
- Represent Revolution Foods at conferences, industry events, speaking engagements and other key business building engagements.
- Identifies opportunities to generate interest in Revolution Foods. May coordinate introductions and marketing displays or company information.
- Serve as a champion of Revolution Foods to obtain and pursue referrals in the broader community.
- Ensure timely and efficient hand-off to Account Management and Operations for all new customers prior to start of service.
- Leverage relationship skills to assist with renewal and renewal strategy development for key accounts and accounts at risk.
- Use Salesforce.com to track sales pipeline and business development progress.
- Effective cross functional leadership/communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams to support overall account management.
- Actively works to achieve and exceed financial performance and revenue growth goals.
- Proactively identifies market shifts and the potential impact to accounts.
- Create and maintain an on-going strategy for account management, including creating and managing data to support results.
- Provide timely and positive resolution of escalated account management issues and communicate with key customers, business partners and executives on significant issues and accomplishments.
- Use technology, data and rigorous business analysis and critical path strategies to enhance effectiveness, improve efficiencies and margins, and drive customer engagement.
- Implement and continually evaluate actions/processes to drive increased utilization and sell through of Revolution Foods products and services. May collaborate with Marketing on promotional materials, campaigns or events.
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety, visual quality and PPE requirements when in a plant.
- May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks, receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- 5 years of prior account management, sales or business development experience required.
- 3+ years of experience acting as part of a sales team, negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- College degree in a related field or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- K-12 or Charter School sales experience is preferred. Other related experience will be considered.
- Financial Acumen and Budgeting Experience.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel, Salesforce or similar CRM systems.
- A proven track record of setting clear, measurable goals, tracking progress against them, and attaining high levels of sales success.
- Embodies the entrepreneurial spirit and takes ownership of partnerships, while achieving results.
- An engaging presence and strong ability to build authentic relationships with all levels of school administration.
- Strong organizational skills, results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute tactical plans.
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships.
- The position is based out of home office, frequent regional travel required. Approximately 80% domestic travel required.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.