Director of Business Development
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
- This is a Full-Time Position
- Location: The position is remote but must be based within New York City / New Jersey, with an expectation to work from Revolution Foods offices and partner sites as needed, estimated 80% domestic travel.
The Director of Business Development (DBD) will cultivate and lead new business development in an assigned market/region. With primary responsibility for generating sales from new customers, the Director of Business Development will solicit potential school and community partners or other pipeline opportunities, engaging them in Revolution Foods’ mission of improving food and foodservice in schools and identifying mutually beneficial partnership opportunities, and growing new business sales.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible to build strong relationships with school districts, charter management organizations, school board members, state education departments, school officials associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups.
- Responsible for cultivating relationships with schools and community partners for the purpose of maintaining accounts and growing sales revenue, profit and brand recognition in public schools and fresh food categories.
- Manage the strategic business development process for new school prospects through lead sourcing, sales process to contract signing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with charter management organizations, state education departments, school officials, associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups, school board members, and other strategically identified stakeholders to make a compelling case for using Revolution Foods as their meal service provider.
- Represent Revolution Foods at conferences, industry events, speaking engagements and other key business-building engagements. Identifies opportunities to generate interest in Revolution Foods. May coordinate introductions and marketing displays or company information.
- Manage high-level relationships with critical stakeholders and decision makers after the sale closes to ensure good relationship building and successful renewal.
- Serve as a champion of Revolution Foods to obtain and pursue referrals in the broader community.
- Ensure timely and efficient hand-off to Customer Success Team and Operations for all new customers prior to start of service.
- Leverage relationship skills to assist with renewal and renewal strategy development for key accounts and accounts at risk.
- Use Salesforce.com to track sales pipeline and business development progress.
- Effective cross-functional leadership/communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams to support overall account management.
- Actively works to achieve and exceed financial performance and revenue growth goals.
- Proactively identifies market shifts and the potential impact to accounts.
- Create and maintain an ongoing strategy for account management, including creating and managing data to support results.
- Provide timely and positive resolution of escalated account management issues and communicate with key customers, business partners and executives on significant issues and accomplishments.
- Use technology, data and rigorous business analysis and critical path strategies to enhance effectiveness, improve efficiencies and margins, and drive customer engagement
- Implement and continually evaluate actions/processes to drive increased utilization and sell through of Revolution Foods products and services. May collaborate with Marketing on promotional materials, campaigns or events.
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety,, visual quality and PPE requirements when in a plant.
- May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks, receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information, prepare or update excel spreadsheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Pursue state and local government agencies to identify and address food insecurity funding streams and opportunities to pursue community and senior feeding business.
- 5 years of prior sales or business development experience required.
- 3+ years experience acting as part of a sales team, negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- College degree in a related field or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- K-12 or Charter School Food sales experience related to meal service is preferred. Other related experience will be delivered.
- Experience establishing progressive sales growth of fresh food consumer products, preferably clean label products.
- Financial Acumen and Budgeting Experience.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel, Salesforces or similar CRM systems.
- Embodies the entrepreneurial spirit and takes ownership of partnerships, while achieving results.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Approximately 80% domestic travel required.
- Must be based within the NYC/NJ Metro area.
- An engaging presence and strong ability to build authentic relationships with all levels of school administration.
- A Proven track record of setting clear, measurable goals, tracking progress against them, and attaining high levels of sales success.
- A self-motivated professional with natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset.
- Strong organizational skills, results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute tactical plans.
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.