Project Manager - Culinary Product Development
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
Details of Position
- This position is Full-Time.
- Located in Oakland, CA.
- This position is available immediately.
As a Project Manager on the Culinary Product Development Team, this role is responsible for organizing and overseeing all current & incoming project requests from inception to completion. The role is responsible to provide quality and consistent data entry into multiple software applications that validate Revolution Foods' nutritional and budgetary guidelines. The Team member will represent the department in cross-functional meetings to capture details necessary to the forward progress of the projects, the department, and the organization. This is a role that requires a high level of detail & organization to support new & existing product recipes and meal creations that promote healthy eating for K12 students, adults, seniors, and/or retail sales - If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The PD Project Manager is responsible for supporting recipe and meal creation using nutritional development software applications that meet Revolution Foods ingredient standards and budgetary guidelines. Oversee & organize projects and their components, assign components to members PD Team as necessary and ensure that timelines are maintained. Provide data entry for new or existing products and concepts to develop food recipes, meal kits, snacks, and beverage products. Ensure that the capture and recording of project details are consistently maintained for the department and to support our cross-functional partner Teams. Maintaining Revolution Foods brand consistency of ingredients by verifying, documenting, and maintain files for ingredient decks and nutritional value will be expected. Coordinate and assist with “hands-on” steps necessary for the menu/product processes including recipe validations, line trails, and any additional testing scenarios that may be deemed necessary.
- Follows best practices, food development trends, food safety, and common production processes.
- Oversee the coordination and verification of project deliverables.
- Focus on continuous improvement to add value over time.
- Own the steps for consistently executed menu & product development rollout processes.
- Documents the life-cycle of a project while ensuring that progress & outcome meets expectation & goal.
- Works cross-functionally to prepare product cost analysis based on raw materials, preparation, processing, packaging, and labeling costs to ensure profitable products.
- Performs high-level, data entry, bodies of work using operational software systems such as PrimeroEdge and Eatec programs.
- Prepares documentation for cost, nutrition, and commercialization review prior to menu showings.
- Identifies the nutritional value of products to ensure that they meet the target objectives.
- Work with Nutri-Comp/Data System Teams to improve processes for recipe & MAC builds.
- Verifies food safety and raw material quality standards are being met according to specification sheets provided by manufacturers and distributors.
- Supports Product Development, Marketing & Sales Teams with data analytics from testing captures.
- Supports department chefs with preparation for new items roll-outs, tastings, testing, and field training.
- Serve as the liaison between PD & Nutri-Comp to ensure compliant meal builds.
- Serve as the liaison between PD & Data Systems Management ensuring high-level data entry standards.
- Supports line trials, testing, and various sensory and taste panels, to capture & document the results.
- Serves as the primary data entry person for the department, supporting department chefs nationally to ensure timely and accurate data entry for various stages work the workstream.
- Audits and updates, outdated data to ensure proper information to all Culinary Centers.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. Wears required protective equipment.
- Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Organizational Management, Project Management, Nutrition or similar degree focus.
- Work experience related to food manufacturing, food science research, research & development, or comparable.
- The exemplary cross-functional player is able to obtain buy-in from various stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will be responsible for common routines with unrelenting attention to detail.
- Goal-driven with the ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, work independently with little direction, and who is confident enough to ask when clarification is needed.
- Understanding of common food-related software programs with a desire to learn Eatec and PrimeroEdge software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills via email, in person, and on the phone, both in one on one and team situations.
- Able to work individually to accomplish the work expectations, while having the ability to be productive in multiple team environments.
- Ability to problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a very fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and deadlines.
- 2 years experience in any aspect of the retail food industry
- Nutrition or dietetics background would prove beneficial
- Experience in and/or certified in Project Management
- Experience with project scope development, budgeting, scheduling, risk management, and contract negotiation.
- Experience in the R&D work environment
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite, project scheduling software, and web-based applications
- Process Design training and/or experience
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. #zr
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.