We’re looking for an Art Director to oversee and shepherd our brand development for Revolution Foods. This role provides a unique opportunity for a talented creative to tell the story of the nation’s leading provider of healthy school and community meals. With our impact across 2,500 partner sites throughout the nation and breadth of offerings across multiple day parts, this role will be exciting and challenging for a design powerhouse who is interested in bringing one of today’s leading purpose-driven brands to life.
This role will lead the entire creative process of the Revolution Foods brand, directing and executing compelling and memorable design outputs to solve business and brand needs. The Art Director must be a proven people leader with solid expertise in print and digital design. The Art Director will oversee and execute visual brand strategy and designs for Revolution Foods’ school and community meals business across all brand touch points including website, marketing and sales collateral, advertising, and social content. This role will manage the graphic designer, external creative agencies and freelancers. The Art Director is someone who thrives within a fast-paced environment, is always up for the next creative or business challenge, and enjoys being collaborative and hands on. We are looking for an experienced creative who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering groundbreaking ideas that connect with any audience.
- Report to the head of marketing and partner with CEO and Chief Impact Officer to drive the overall creative direction for the Revolution Foods brand. Also, develop strong working relationships with the organization’s customer-facing functions.
- Lead creation of all online and offline design efforts. Conceptualize vision and execute across original graphics, copy, content websites, social media, environmental design and other marketing materials.
- Collaborate with external agency partners and freelancer network, managing process, work, budgets and personnel.
- Direct the creative function ensuring that the team, culture, capabilities, tools and processes support Revolution Foods’ strategic and brand objectives. Ensure the creative team operates in a highly efficient manner while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Drive continual improvement of creative team’s quality, thinking and capabilities.
- Champion innovation by introducing new ideas and inspiration to the team and outside partners.
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design or Fine Arts; prior experience as an art director is preferred.
- 6+ years of creative experience with a minimum 1+ years of managerial experience in a design or art department, and 2+ years of relevant consumer product brand experience preferred. Design or brand agency experience a plus.
- Have solid skills in photography and videography.
- Exceptional aesthetic and intuitive understanding of design principles.
- UX/UI and responsive website design experience a plus.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to link creative to revenue-driving behavior.
- Strong project management skills within a creative environment. Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects and superb time management skills.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro (or similar) as well as standard MS Office software programs, including PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Strong communication, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills are a must. Copywriting is a plus.
- Experience working in and a love for food a big plus!
- Portfolio with work relevant samples required.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.