Fulfillment Team Member
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Cheverly, MD
- Job Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM requires some flexibility on weekends and holidays
- Starting Pay: $13.50 per hour DOE
Fulfillment Team Members work to prepare, cook, assemble, and package thousands of meals per day for school lunch programs in local schools. They assist with any additional responsibilities necessary for the production and distribution of the meals. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the overall efficiency of the factory which may include setup, startup, staging raw materials, assembly, production, loading, labeling, stacking, sorting, preparing for shipping, and other miscellaneous routine tasks.
- Help keep the production and warehouse areas organized, neat, clean and hazard-free.
- Follows simple recipes and instructions to prep, cut, chop, slice, assemble, stock, sort, stage and process products, raw materials, and meals in all operational areas.
- Responsible for routine production, assembly line and packaging tasks.
- May be required to rack products, unbox materials, assemble food products and meals, break down boxes and containers.
- Will participate in change overs, washing down lines, sanitizing work spaces, assisting with monthly inventory counts, sorting, staging,
- Executes golden standards for all menu items per approved SOP’s from Executive Chef.
- Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods food safety policies.
- Ensure the garbage and recycling is disposed of daily and the receptacles are cleaned and sanitized. Support our “Green Waste” program ensuring all waste is separated.
- Observes a safety-first environment, free of hazards to include a dry floor, proper floor drain coverage and proper knife or equipment use and storage.
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication with all team members.
- Complete routine and repetitive tasks within any of the food production or warehouse departments.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Entry level position. Previous experience in a fast-paced fresh food handling environment is preferred.
- Experience working in a chilled factory helpful.
- Experience working as part of a team to achieve results.
- Ability to Read, Write and Speak basic English.
- Knowledge of safe and proper food handling procedures and knife handling is preferred.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices helpful.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well with others and participate as part of a team using good verbal communication.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
- 401(k) enrollment
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.