Regional Market Manager
The Regional Market Manager has extensive contact with school representatives and oversees team members that organize, prepare, and serve meals for school meal programs within a designated area, district or region. They have accountability for all operations and customer interaction with a geographical area that is remote to a facility. They may in some markets have to manage a third-party warehouse facility and ensure accurate and timely delivery of products to customers. They ensure team follows company recipes and execution of SOP’s, supports Revolution Foods business objectives while exceeding customers’ expectations. The Regional Market Manager facilitates collaboration with the inter-department teams that, in an integrated way, work to deliver a world-class customer experience, and contribute to the financial success of Revolution Foods.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, prepares and executes the daily implementation of account orders and service.
- Responsible for staff resource planning for service coverage at school sites, food preparation, and shift coverage over the morning and afternoon shifts. May provide coverage at schools during special events and activities, as agreed.
- Responsible for monitoring food costs, pricing, portion controls, quality assurance and controls in schools
- Ensures procedures are followed for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large and/or bulk quantities.
- Ensure client pays within the contractual agreement.
- Adhere to the Federal, State, and District rules and regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation on all contracts to ensure all school partners follow contractual partnership requirements and obligations.
- May in some remote markets manage a third-party warehouse and distributor
- Lead renewal process through contract signing and participates actively in the sales process.
- Ensure timely communication with the facility leadership and CPM to mitigate issues and ensure world class customer service
- Maintains the highest levels of food safety, sanitation and cleanliness in all service areas.
- Develops and maintains accurate records, make mathematical computations, and prepare production reports.
- Review, analyze and train servers on proper ways of working, procedures and methods, and devise and implement improvements.
- Complies with all state of State and Federal agency regulated Health and Safety codes.
- Perform audits as assigned and make recommendations to optimize financial performance or operational standards.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide overall planning, direction and support to vendors, team members and assigned school partners within a defined Market, and to achieve Key Performance Indicators of customer satisfaction.
- Consistently assess satisfaction with menu offerings, planning and new product introductions to ensure customer expectations are met. May recommend product changes based on data review
- Develop market forecasts with Account Management, operations and FP&A Manager to continually refine plans to optimize financial performance and productivity.
- Ensure the correct set up of customers in Revolution Foods various IT systems
- Maintain monthly waste log and calculate monthly costs at close of month end inventory as directed.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the remote staff.
- Coaches team members and executes disciplinary actions of hourly kitchen employees, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- May coordinate internal resources to deliver company presentations and samples for prospective accounts.
- Understands and monitors KPI's, targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results. Responsible to make the right decisions, quickly to achieve plans for the Company in coordination with team and cross-functional partners.
- May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks, receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- K-12 or Charter School Food service experience a plus.
- Experience and the ability to motivate, train and achieve results thru a diverse group of team members.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel, ERP and/or CRM systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: both orally and in writing.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Must be proficient in Spanish, verbally and written.
- Must be willing to travel frequently within the regional designated area.
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships one-on-one.
- Results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute plans successfully and efficiently.
- A self-motivated leader with natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.