Looking to work for a revolutionary, mission-driven organization that generates positive impacts in our communities? Then Revolution Foods may be the organization for you! We specialize in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef crafted, and kid approved food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to students. With our challenging yet fun environment, watch your career develop while making a difference!
Why join Revolution Foods?
At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods which provides healthy family meals across the nation!
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- Five (5) paid holidays and five (5) paid vacation days for full-time employees
What are we looking for?
The Prep Cook is responsible for food prep work in a commercial kitchen environment for Revolution Foods. This will include preparing bulk ingredients following basic recipes, mixing, blanching, boiling, blending, chopping, slicing, dicing. Works with a high-level of independence and as part of a team, to meet daily production plan needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Prep Cook position is expected to be an active participant in all aspects of the kitchen, from food preparation to cleanup.
- Execute recipes and production plans as directed.
- Understands menu plans and resource planning to meet production needs.
- Prepare, mix and cook a variety of raw materials to finished products in a bulk batching process, to stock the processing and pack-out lines.
- Needs minimal instruction from Team Leader or supervisor. Follows approved procedures and standard protocols while maintaining high consistency in food quality standards.
- Will set up, organize and maintain cleanliness of all equipment, knives and utensils used.
- Maintains proper control of food supplies, equipment, and utensils used in the work areas.
- Assists with monthly inventory, counting batches, units and accounting for wastes.
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and all state health and safety codes and maintains a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen area. Maintains master cleaning schedule, at all times.Support the company “Green” waste, compost and recycling program.
- May assist in other production departments when needed. Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
Required Experience and Education:
- 1-2 years experience working in a fast paced Culinary, high-volume kitchen environment or school feeding operation.
- Experience working in a commercial environment with bulk cooking equipment is preferred
- Related degree or training from a recognized culinary institution is a plus
- Serve Safe, Food Handler, HACCP or other certification
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies
- Work is within a factory setting, with chilled temperatures
- Exposed to cold, wet, and damp conditions.
- All Preventive Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.
- Ability to routinely lift and carry objects weighing 25-50 pounds
- Prolonged standing and walking is routinely required.
- Routinely required to stand, walk, bend, carry, crouch, grasp, hold, kneel, lift, push/pull, reach, squat, stand, stoop, stretch, turn, twist, talk, listen and communicate with others.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.