Purchasing Manager (Evergreen)
We are always accepting applications for our Purchasing Manager roles across the country. Apply today to be considered during our next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for purchasing all food products for meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks) which we provide daily to local schools and community-based organizations. They are responsible for all product ordering (e.g. broad-line distribution, direct orders, produce, and packaging) inventory, and spec compliance. More specifically, this includes planning, purchasing, placing PO’s, receiving product, overseeing inventory, managing vendor relations, and processing required reports. The Purchasing Manager will always be looking for new product and innovation that we can use in our menus. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members. If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily purchasing - purchases according to menu planning, product specifications, and COGs control system using costing tools and budgets as directed by the G.M.
- Determines, places and confirms all purchase orders - correct/efficient ordering patterns/cycles i.e. even pallets. Schedules deliveries.
- Adheres to Master Specification List - ordering Rev Foods spec’d products only.
- Orders new products in a timely manner to arrive prior to menu date. Discontinues products as directed by Senior Director of Purchasing.
- Minimizes Stock out/emergency protocol.
- Manages frequency of delivery vs. storage space and menu date.
- Participates and provides input (specifics) with Menu Planning.
- Books freight when needed. Coordinates shipping/receiving of product to/from off-site facilities.
- Manages USDA Foods, if applicable.
- Manages the procedures for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large quantities. Implements and maintains “first in first out” principles of inventory management.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all internal departments and employees.
- Ensures food and packaging returns and credits are accurately processed as directed by the G.M.
- Coordinates product quality issues and vendor performance with Director of Purchasing & Quality Assurance.
- Enters all Merchandise Arrivals.
- Maintains positive manufacturer/distributor relationships.
- Manages all weekly mandatory COGS, including all reports.
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the production facility and when interfacing with outside clientele.
- Works with Production Manager to oversee daily waste log and accuracy of waste cost reporting.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the receiving staff.
- Manages the Fruit Rotation & Compliance, as it relates to purchasing (i.e., purchasing correct sizes/varieties).
- Manages the overall process of taking inventory, including input and reports.
- Responsible for information in Rev Foods purchasing system (Eatec): purchasing, receiving, updating pricing, inventory counts.
- Adheres to the Federal, State, and District rules and regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition compliance.
- Complies with all state and federal Health and Safety codes.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- 2-3 years food purchasing and vendor management experience.
- Proven experience training and developing a team.
- Food service experience preferred.
- High volume and large batch cooking experience
- Competence with long lead times.
- Perpetual inventory system experience and ordering depletion system knowledge.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills with Excel, database systems, etc. Ability to use Outlook and to quickly learn new programs is required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive needed to work effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Bilingual/multilingual is a plus.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.