Associate Director of Operations
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Located in Commerce City, Colorado
- Starting Salary: $90,000 per year (DOE) and quarterly bonus eligible
- This position is available immediately
The Associate Director of Operations will direct and coordinate day-to-day activities related to school meal production that takes place at our Culinary Center, including manufacturing and meal assembly, facility cleanliness and maintenance, inventory management and control, purchasing and warehousing. This individual will be responsible to develop and implement short range and mid-range goals to achieve the company’s vision and mission. He or she will provide clear direction and frequent coaching to all team members, supervisors and managers to achieve these objectives. In addition, this individual will establish a culture of compliance, ownership, and continuous improvement by blending an understanding of lean concepts with a working knowledge of equipment, processes, and systems. If that's you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible to develop, guide, and motivate Managers, Supervisors, Lead personnel and team members to effectively meet the rapidly changing needs of the business, while efficiently accomplishing daily production plans and customer deliveries. Directs all workload planning, staffing and operational control for key functional teams.
- Ensures product is produced efficiently and cost-effectively, on time, and at optimum quality and quantity levels
- Evaluates existing processes and procedures and suggests and implements improvements.
- Drives continuous performance improvement through front-line problem solving. Ensures solutions to root cause issues are fully implemented and adopted into ongoing processes.
- Interviews, hires, schedules, assigns work and reviews performance for all staff in key operations areas.
- Actively creates a team environment among peers and team members. Promotes employee morale and motivates with positive communications and proactive problem-solving.
- Develops a management plan, with staff, to achieve goals and tracks progress-to-plan using performance metrics.
- Coaches, trains and develops teams to build confidence. Eliminates daily barriers to support positive results.
- Brings the company's values and management principles alive in the departments. Sustains an ownership culture and consistent routines to improve performance and accountability.
- Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict. Delegates assignments to Supervisors, Team Leads or team members.
- Ensures staff enforce rules, adhere to safety and company policies and procedures, are consistent, fair, act ethically and within legal parameters.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies and mandates. Uphold HACCP, OSHA, FDA, GMP and plant safety guidelines.
- Enforce all federal, state, environmental, and company safety regulations, and ensure training of employees and compliance management with standards.
- Execute Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), FDA guidelines and best practices for each departmental task. Observes workers to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Schedule production and labor to meet or exceed customer needs at lowest possible operating costs.
- Oversees unplanned department downtime events in order to minimize operational productivity.
- Reviews financial statements, production and operating reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and evaluate achievement with respect to production goals.
- Understands yield and quality requirements and makes decisions to improve and protect those requirements.
- Ensures raw materials and equipment availability to meet defined production schedules with minimum downtime.
- Supports our green waste program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current and forecasted business trends.
- Supports Senior Director of Operations in all day-to-day activities.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include typing, preparing reports, completing research, tracking information, preparing or updating excel spreadsheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience actively supervising, managing and directing a team in a fast-paced fresh food production or CPG environment.
- Experience applying manufacturing process standards such as Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Lean, etc., with an understanding of how to develop and support high-performance teams.
- Experience and knowledge in dealing and working with: FDA, GMPs, HACCP, USDA, OSHA, etc.
- Experience achieving positive fiscal and operational results thru others.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative work environment with immovable deadlines and children’s nutrition and education at stake.
- Demonstrates critical thinking ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills verbally and in writing and an understanding of appropriate meeting and communications etiquette.
- Exercises consistent judgment within broadly defined practices and policies. Is self-directed with the ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Able to work a varied schedule when needed to ensure production teams operate efficiently and motivate team members to meet objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for extended periods.
- Functional capabilities with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent analytical capabilities using Excel and other tools to find answers to complex problems in diverse sets of performance data.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. #zr
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.