Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: San Lorenzo, CA
- Job Schedule: Sunday- Thursday 2:30 AM- 11:00 AM
- Starting Pay: $28.00 per hour
- Position is immediately available
Skilled Maintenance Tech is responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of all commercial equipment and machinery within the chilled food facility. Keeps the culinary center and its grounds in a safe, clean, secure and operable condition. The primary objective is to keep operations running efficiently and effectively, with a minimum amount of down time in a challenging, fast-paced environment. We are looking for reliable, hard working team members - if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Will manage daily maintenance needs and routine preventive maintenance work to ensure the proper upkeep of the machinery, equipment, fixtures and the facility. These responsibilities may also include, but are not limited to:
- General facility maintenance, assembly and maintenance on fixtures, office equipment and furniture repair. Maintain and repair a variety of kitchen equipment including kettles, skillets, ovens, warmers, thermal units, racking, conveyor and heat seal machines. This may require reading service manuals, schematics, diagrams, blue prints or as-builds.
- Ability to read schematics, diagrams, service manuals and blue prints. Goal-driven with the ability to multi-task and work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs machinery and equipment within the designated facility. This may include, but is not limited to, conveyors, PLC, packaging equipment, minor electrical, hydraulics, pneumatic's, instrumentation, refrigeration, water, sewer, treatment, etc. This may require reading service manuals, schematics, diagrams, blue prints or as-builds.
- Assemble, maintain and repair office area and repair office area including lighting, bathroom plumbing, paint, trim and furniture. Clean, patch and paint as needed. May complete landscaping tasks, as needed.
- Assists with maintaining and sourcing tools, parts and supplies. Required to adjust devices and control instrumentation. Routinely uses excepted practices to troubleshoot equipment and machinery.
- Manage preventative maintenance (PM) agreements with vendors and ensure PM visits occur in a timely fashion for equipment such as HVAC, refrigeration, forklift, compressor and generator.
- Perform regular (daily/weekly/monthly/annual) property and equipment inspections.
- Controls and tracks downtime associated with maintenance and repair work. Documents what corrective actions were taken.
- Respond to emergency calls during non-business hours.
- May coordinate with agency representatives to inspect and ensure that all required certifications are up-to-date (sprinkler systems, health department, fire marshal, etc.).
- May need to liaise with 3rd party vendors at the site or by phone where equipment is under warranty, or to help establish or diagnose a problem. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and demeanor as a business representative.
- Coordinate service calls with trades people when necessary.
- Ensure that all maintenance tools are in good working condition and stored neatly and securely. Maintain tool inventory. May assist with sourcing tools, parts and supplies.
- Perform other tasks as needed (including lifting 50 pounds, cleaning units, maintain and secure tools, etc.) Follows all required safe work practices. This includes lockout tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- May assist team members with related tasks when needed.
- Performs other duties, as needed.
- 3+ years experience in a similar Maintenance Technician position performing mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry related tasks. A solid mechanical background is required.
- Apprenticeship, related training and/or education is helpful.
- Experience working in a fresh or chilled food environment that supports the ability to work in an independent capacity.
- Experience working with tile and masonry repair helpful.
- Basic computer literacy and the ability to update facility maintenance systems.
- Food Handler certification. Knowledge of common food handling safety requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude and ability to read schematics, diagrams, service manuals and blue prints. Goal-driven with the ability to multi-task and work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts.
- Ability to routinely work in a chilled, damp factory environment.
- Ability to diagnose and repair faulty equipment and problem-solve, while working under pressure and compressed time lines
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools, meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- A strong electro-mechanical background is preferred.
- Knowledge of common food handling safety requirements is preferred.
- Good problem-solving skills and able to thrive in a very fast paced, demanding environment.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team using good verbal communication skills.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.