Dispatch & Inventory Manager
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and holidays
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Commerce City, CO
- Starting Salary Range: $55.000-$62,000 DOE and is quarterly bonus eligible
- The position is immediately available
Responsible for managing a fast-paced transportation and delivery department to deliver food products for school meals. Manages our daily inventory and delivery drivers, who have daily interaction with our school partners and production team. Responsible for customer satisfaction, route planning, and timely deliveries. The Manager will also be responsible for posting receipts and internal transfers, ensuring all inventory quantities are verified, performing cycle counts, posting inventory counts, reviewing inventory discrepancies, working with the internal team to develop and implement new operations processes. The Manager will also be responsible for ensuring product rotation, and FIFO is consistently followed within all aspects of the warehouse.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for directing staff and operational control over the delivery and inventory teams. Maintains the highest standards of quality, accuracy and safety. The operation is a fast-paced, food production/assembly environment where our commitment to our customers is demonstrated by operational excellence.
- Responsible for interpreting business needs and responding appropriately. Actively manage the planning, scheduling, and logistics associated with making customer deliveries. Work with team members to ensure staging, heating, accurate product counts, verification, deliveries, and excellent customer relations.
- Assure that safety is the number one priority for all personnel, above all other goals and objectives.
- Ensure full compliance to the fleet management program, team member training, verifications, annual physical, drug tests, etc.. Responsible for fleet maintenance, fuel reconciliation, DMV registration, refrigeration systems on the fleet, preventive maintenance plans, investigating vehicle accidents and employee injuries,
- Motivates the team to achieve the goals for the day and bring the company's values and management principles alive in the department(s).
- Monitor vehicle tracking software, give feedback to team members abut results, deliver regular safety messages.
- Leads warehouse team to support daily start-up activities, verifying the processing plan, deliveries.
- Ensures daily receipts are posted in the MRP software.
- Perform weekly cycle counts, and post inventory counts in MRP software.
- Ensure Production has all inventory needed for each day’s production.
- Responsible for inventory rotation and FIFO inventory rotation.
- Manages food waste program – daily recording and removal of food waste in all areas.
- Works with Purchasing department to ensure all material and process needs are met each day.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure best-in-class performance.
- Provide direct Supervision, development, guidance and coaching to team members.
- Understands and monitors KPI's, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results.
- logistics or Supply chain experience within a fresh food or refrigerated operation.
- 3-5 years experience in a food warehouse, distribution, or food production environment.
- Experience in a leadership or supervisor role.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A Metrics-driven mindset with analytical skills.
- Ability to achieve objectives thru others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to motivate and develop team members.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills. With an ability to deliver tough messages and resolve conflict.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for extended periods
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.