Total Rewards Manager
The Total Rewards Manager is responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the organization's compensation and benefits programs and strategies. Works with senior management to ensure that compensation and benefits programs support the organization's business objectives and meet all legal requirements. Analyzes appropriate data and develop compensation wage bands for functional areas and supports evolution in wages as markets and municipalities require. Manages an HR departmental sub-function and plays a critical cross-functional role between HR and Finance.
- Work with HR and Finance to direct the development and administration of the company’s compensation programs, evaluating compensation structures and incentive programs, provide guidance to managers on the application of program guidelines and pay decisions, analyze pay practices, and recommend adjustments.
- Research, evaluate and recommend changes to existing benefits programs or the implementation of new benefits programs.
- Evaluate, select, and manage third party vendors (401k vendor, benefits consultant, equity vendor, etc.) responsible for providing compensation and benefits services.
- Coach, mentor and develop HR & Benefits Administrator who handles the administration of employee compensation and benefits programs.
- Partner with HR to develop and deliver training about compensation and benefits programs.
- Create and maintain an ongoing strategy for compensation and benefits, including creating and managing data to analyze DOL statistics for each geography and support changes in wages associated with market and external pressures.
- Provide timely and positive resolution of escalated compensation issues and communicate with key customers, business partners and executives on significant issues and resolution.
- Complete reports, summaries, analyze documents, preparing presentations, completing research, track information, prepare or update excel spreadsheets, copying, scanning, etc.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 4+ years of Human Resource leadership
- 6+ progressive compensation and/or benefits experience.
- Demonstrated subject matter knowledge as may be shown through certification; i.e., SPHR, CCP, CEBS or similar professional designations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects and the associated cultural change that accompanies new programs, processes, or policies.
- Strong technical ability to work with software applications including the development of configurable tables, custom reporting, user security management, interfaces, and FTP transfer.
- Knowledge of UltiPro and Shareworks a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- A self-motivated leader with natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset
- Strong organizational skills, results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute tactical plans
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks
- Ability to operate in a matrix management structure
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.