Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
• Medical, dental, & vision plan
• Company-paid life insurance coverage
• Company stock options
• Paid vacation and sick time
Details of Position
• Full Time Position
• Boston, Massachusetts
• Position is Immediately available
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing a fast-paced Warehouse department, inbound receiving functions and distribution to departments within a Revolution Foods factory, a continuous improvement environment. Responsible to control and supervise our food warehouse operation. Ensures maximum efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of inventory control, accountability, service level and waste. Sets priorities, spot checks results, teams to perform with best in class efficiencies in total compliance of all safety, company, and regulatory agency requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for directing staff and operational control over the warehouse team. Communicates plans with the Production and Operations teams. Maintains the highest standards of quality, accuracy and safety in the warehousing, picking, and presentation of products. The warehouse operation is a fast-paced, industrialized environment where our commitment to our customers is demonstrated by operational excellence in all areas.
- Responsible to interpreting business needs and responds appropriately. Actively manage the planning, scheduling, and logistics associated with receiving functions. Work with team members to ensure accurate receiving, verification, inventory counts, pics, stock rotation of products and issuance of products to departments.
- Responsible to develop, implement and manage administrative and business functions that support daily warehouse related functions.
- Plan, direct and manages team members to meet business objectives. Responsible for interviewing, scheduling, assigning work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and disciplining staff. Responsible for professional development and team building.
- Ensures warehouse / forklift operators follow SOP’s and routinely follow operator routines when using a forklift. Enusre team properly store and charge equipment. Enforces and implements good operating procedures, resulting in minimal equipment damage.
- Spot checks the work to make sure inventory, pics, shipping and receiving routines are adhered to. Motivates the workers to achieve the goals for the day and bring the company's values and management principles alive in the department(s).
- Actively coach, train and develop team to build confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results. Eliminates daily barriers to support positive results.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure a best in class
- Provides training and motivation to team members, using recognition, and positive feedback. Ensure team enforce rules, follow protocol and policies.
- Ensure timely issuance of raw materials, packaging, fruit, vegetables, supplies, etc. for daily staging in the production departments. Exercise control over allergens, sanitation, waste and other documentation.
- Responsible for interviewing, scheduling, assigning work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and disciplining staff. Ensure injured workers fill out the necessary report and completes related investigations with recommendations.
- Provide direct Supervision, development, guidance and coaching to team members. Influences team to get the job done. Develops team members to understand processes, methods, controls and systems. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict. Delegates assignments to Team Leads or team members.
- Tenaciously addresses all unplanned department downtime events in order to return site to “Safe, Reliable Operations” as soon as feasible.
- Understands KPI's, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results. Responsible to make the right decisions, quickly to achieve plans for the Company in coordination with team and cross-functional partners.
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety, FIFO, visual quality and PPE requirementst. Sets priorities and gives direction based upon the daily plan. Controls labor costs.
- Supports our green waste program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include inventory, verifying shipments and receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc. Performs other duties as needed.
• Minimum 2-5 years of experience actively managing a warehouse department or operation, and leading a team in a fast-paced food production environment. Chilled food experience preferred.
• Related Degree in Supply Chain, Culinary Arts, food safety or management is preferred or equivalent work experience that demonstrates controls and compliance in a food environment.
• Certification and training in Inventory controls, HACCP, Food Handling/ ServSafe, Culinary arts, CCP’s helpful. Knowledge of common inventory controls, shipping & receiving routines
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Able to work a flexible schedule and weekend work when necessary.
• Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment and achieve objectives thru others.
• Ability to motivate and develop team members.
• Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for extended periods
• Good computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Working Conditions: Work is within a factory setting, with chilled temperatures. Routinely exposed to wet, damp and cold conditions. All PPE is provided.
• Prolonged standing and walking is routinely required.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.