Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job Schedule: Sunday- Thursday 6:00 AM- 2:30 PM
- Starting Pay: $20.00/hour
The Quality Control Associate is responsible for verifying and documenting the requirements to ensure food safety. Execute daily quality activities to assess incoming materials, work-in-process / product runs, quality, labeling, final inspections, analysis and testing of finished products, and sanitation- if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Dues & Responsibilities
Routinely verifies the daily production plan, and any immediate needs to be addressed. May conduct pre-operation and final inspections, recommend rejected materials, environmental swabbing, conduct quality testing, and maintain related documentation in support of fresh food specification requirements. Conduct and facilitate internal and external quality audits, documenting findings and next steps. Assist QA Manager with planning, prioritizing, and completing tasks; recommend material rejections, action items, changes in procedures, standards, test methods, and equipment to maintain quality;
- Perform analysis of raw materials, work-in-process, and finished products through inspection. The analysis includes visual, weight, size, color, etc. to meet specifications, as frequently as on an hourly basis.
- Perform PreOp Inspections and documents including swabbing of the production area.
- Advise/respond to any identified risk in the operation under QA Manager’s supervision.
- Perform GMP checks (personnel cGMP, Blade/ knife checks on the packaging line, proper tools and chemical storage, sanitizer towels storage and proper usage, etc.)
- Perform all quality checks and preventive critical control points (CCP) monitoring of the HARPC program (temperature logs, sanitation, labeling checks, net weight, package integrity, MAC adherence, package integrity checks, and organoleptic)
- Work with receivers to verify the documentation of temperature and inspection of delivery trucks (Assure accurate completion of Receiving logs). Ensure FIFO is followed, proper allergen segregation.
- Complete established shelf-life tests of product samples as required. Calibrate test equipment-Scales and Thermometers. Ensure thermometer calibration logs are complete.
- Maintain and organize Food Safety and Quality Assurance daily records. Maintain and monitor inventory product retains and spot-check department documentation for accuracy and compliance.
- Monitor / evaluate cleanliness and 5S standards.
- Equipment and work areas are kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Assist with environmental swabbing samples. Assist in internal and external food safety and security inspections/audits, cooler, freezer, and dry storage for out-of-date products.
- Print all Food Safety and Quality logs/forms to refill binders as departments require.
- Assure chemical cabinet is locked and maintain all chemical SDS are up to date.
- Document downtime-related problems and corrective actions taken when associated with a QA hold or action that interrupts production.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This includes lockout tag-out requirements and wearing required PPE in designated areas. Corrects and/or reports any food safety and food quality-related issues to management immediately.
- May train and demonstrate proper procedures and protocol to employees. May complete a variety of routine admin tasks. Performs other duties as needed.
- 1-2 years experience working in a chilled food factory or fast-paced food environment. May have fresh food and/or internal training that supports the ability to work in an independent capacity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler and other certifications desirable
- Experience working in a chilled food factory environment is preferred
- Ability to problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a very fast-paced environment
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts
- Knowledge of common start-up processes in a USDA factory and Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will be responsible for common routines. Goal-driven with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers
- Able to work as a team and individually to accomplish the work
- Knowledge of Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP’s) in the food manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of common traceability procedures in the food industry
- Ability to problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to use basic hand tools, meters, or related items to take product temperatures and lab samples.
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plans
- Company paid life insurance coverage
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.