Looking to work for a revolutionary, mission-driven organization that generates positive impacts in our communities? Then Revolution Foods may be the organization for you! We specialize in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef crafted, and kid approved food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to students. With our challenging yet fun environment, watch your career develop while making a difference!
Why join Revolution Foods?
At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods which provides healthy family meals across the nation!
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- Five (5) paid holidays and five (5) paid vacation days for full-time employees
- Free daily meals for all of our employees
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Planning Associate who will be responsible for creating labor, production, prep and distribution plans and schedules for the different departments within our Culinary Centers. This includes running reports out of Applecore and Eatec, and presenting them to the team in easy to understand templates that prioritize data. They are to serve as a resource and point of contact to the assigned Culinary Centers
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Optimizes the use of the MRP Purchasing tool for planning and purchasing. Actively manages the planning, scheduling and logistics associated with procuring product and materials for delivery.
- Responsible for interpreting business needs in conjunction with the operating and production teams and responds appropriately to procure fresh food, raw ingredients, packaging materials and other products for a production environment.
- Manage the procedures for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large quantities.
- Implement and maintain “first in first out” principles of inventory management. Coordinate shipping/receiving of product to/from off-site facilities, if needed.
- Manage daily and long lead time purchasing - purchases according to menu planning, product specifications, and COGs control system using costing tools and budgets
- Order new products in a timely manner to arrive prior to menu date. Minimize stock out/emergency protocol.
- Establish standards of performance for suppliers that are consistent with Revolution Foods specifications and business objectives to include on-time performance and quality.
- Builds and maintains excellent customer relations, acting proactively to resolve potential issues and adapting to ever-changing business environments. Reports shortages, bad or damaged product, and pursues credits. Direct 30-60-90 quality improvement programs with suppliers
- Collaborate daily/weekly with all members of the market, including QA, Production, Customer Service, etc.
- Uses the MRP Purchasing tool to optimize information.
- Review ingredient inventory levels on hand; identify any ingredient shortages and communicate these shortages to Production and Management.
- Analyzes waste documentation for inventory impact, quality deficiencies, product life and related adjustments.
- Release and create Purchase Orders as needed. Forward to designated personnel—both internal and external. Is responsible for the accuracy of the cost on the PO’s before they are received into Company ERP system.
- Planning & cost management. Manage all financial reports weekly & monthly. Investigates all financials to support markets to hit budgets.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the receiving staff.
- Establishes routines and protocol for receiving and inventory count team, ensuring inventory counts are consistently maintained for accuracy.
- Adheres to the Federal, State, and District rules and regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition compliance.
- Complies with all state and federal Health and Safety codes.
- Plan, direct and manages team members to meet business objectives. Responsible for professional development and team building, including scheduling, assigning work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and disciplining staff.
- Manages team development, coaching, and guidance to build confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results. Eliminates barriers to support positive results. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict.
- Ensures team follows SOP’s and routines.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure a best in class
- Assist with additional projects as assigned to meet needs of the organization.
- Understands and monitors KPI's, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results.
- Responsible to make the right decisions, quickly to achieve plans for the Company in coordination with team and cross-functional partners.
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety, FIFO, visual quality and PPE requirements.
- May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks that may include inventory, verifying shipments and receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc. Performs other duties as needed.
- These duties may change as changes to our software or daily operation dictate.
Required Experience and Education:
- 5+ years of purchasing experience purchasing in a CPG and continuous improvement environment, preferably in commodity food ingredients, dairy, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Successful 3+ years of experience actively Managing and/or leading a purchasing and/or supply chain department responsible for procuring fresh food products, raw materials, ingredients and packaging.
- Experience working with a variety of packaging, trays, film applications, containers, printing, etc.
- Related Degree in Supply Chain, Culinary Arts, food safety or management is preferred or equivalent work experience that demonstrates controls and compliance knowledge in a food environment.
- Financial Acumen and Budgeting Experience.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel and ERP systems
- Experience working in a lean or other continuous improvement environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A Metrics driven mindset with analytical skills
- Ability to achieve objectives through others
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Ability to motivate and develop team members.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Critical Thinking-Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solve
Working Conditions: Work is done primarily in an office setting, with some exposure and work within a chilled factory setting. Occasionally exposed to wet, damp and cold conditions. May sometimes lift and carry objects weighing up to 25-50 pounds. All PPE is provided
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.