Inventory Control Supervisor
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Cheverly, MD
- Job Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm
- Salary Range: $17.50-19.50/hr DOE
The Inventory Control Supervisor will work with the Planning, Procurement, Warehouse, and Production Teams to drive internal process improvements. The Inventory Control Supervisor will be responsible for posting receipts, posting internal transfers, ensuring all quantities are verified, performing cycle counts, posting inventory counts, reviewing inventory discrepancies, working with the internal team to develop and implement new operations processes. The Inventory Supervisor will also be responsible for ensuring product rotation, and FIFO is consistently followed within all aspects of the warehouse.
- Leads warehouse members to support daily start-up activities, verifying the processing plan, deliveries.
- Supervises the performance of team members in areas: Safety, Quality, Food Handling, Efficiency/Accuracy.
- Adhere to and promotes proper GMP’s when working within food production areas and handling food products.
- Ensures daily receipts are posted in the MRP software.
- Checks and verifies internal transfer quantities.
- Perform weekly cycle counts, and post inventory counts in MRP software.
- Ensure Production has all inventory needed for each day’s production.
- Responsible for inventory rotation and FIFO inventory rotation.
- Manages food waste program – daily recording and removal of food waste all areas.
- Works with Purchasing department to ensure all material and process needs are met each day.
- Responsible for food storage according to HACCP program and health applicable regulations.
- Effectively communicates and practices all company policies.
- Complies with all state Health and Safety codes.
- Proactively identifies gaps in performance and expectations and elevates them to resolution
- Work interdepartmentally to ensure equal accountability and collaboration so problems are shared
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years of culinary experience in a busy food service environment is highly preferred
- Experience working in fast-paced manufacturing, distribution, or food environment minimally required
- Experience in a leadership or supervisor role
- High aptitude with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems
- Experience in forklift operation, certification a plus.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively communicate challenges to the leadership team when they arise.
- Ability to motivate and develop team members to achieve objectives through otherS.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Critical Thinking-Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solve.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full-time employees
- Company-paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. #zr
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.