Dock Worker/Loader (PM Shift)
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: San Lorenzo, CA
- Job Schedule: Sunday- Thursday: 4:00 PM- 12:30 AM
- Starting Pay: $17.25/hour depending on experience
- The position is immediately available
The Loader is responsible for picking orders, palletizing, loading and unloading products and/or cases, and working any station or line that is assigned. The loader works anywhere in the Load-out or Cooler areas that may be assigned, to stage meals, snacks and beverage each shift for school lunch programs in local schools. Assists with any additional responsibilities necessary for the production and distribution of the meals. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for routine production, assembly line and packaging tasks. Assists with the overall efficiency of the factory which may include setup, startup, staging raw materials, assembly, production, loading, labeling, stacking, sorting, preparing for shipping, and other miscellaneous routine tasks. Helps keep the production and warehouse areas organized, neat and clean. Positions may work full time or part time, on various days and shifts, as needed.
- Responsible for pulling products for customer orders.
- Perform freight handling using appropriate manual equipment
- May use hand-held tracking device to scan products for inventory accountability, or conduct manual counts to ensure the accurate amount of product is confirmed prior to loading
- Marks the paperwork properly when making adjustments for product shortages.
- Keep accurate records on load sheets, inventory sheets, scrap sheets, and computerized equipment.
- Ensure proper code date rotation. Report any product/packaging issues.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- May be required to rack products, debox materials, assemble food products and meals, break down boxes and containers.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices. Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- At this level, tasks may be routine and repetitive within any of the food production or warehouse departments.
- May participate in change overs, washing down lines, sanitizing work spaces, assisting with monthly inventory counts, sorting, staging.
- Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods food safety policies.
- Ensure the garbage and recycling is disposed of daily and the receptacles are cleaned and sanitized. Support our “Green Waste” program insuring all waste is separated.
- Observes a safety-first environment, free of hazards to include a dry floor, proper floor drain coverage and proper knife or equipment use and storage.
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication with all team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Entry level position. Previous experience in a fast-paced fresh food handling environment is preferred
- Experience working in a chilled factory helpful
- Experience working as part of a team to achieve results
- Ability to Read, Write and Speak basic English.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
- Knowledge of safe and proper food handling procedures and knife handling is preferred
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies
- Ability to routinely work in a chilled, damp factory environment
- Able to physically perform requirements of job and lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team using good verbal communication
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.