Sr. Director Nutrition and Compliance
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
Details of Position
- Position Type – Full-Time
- Location: National - remote
- Salary: Salary range varies depending upon location.
Revolution Foods is hiring a Sr. Director Nutrition and Compliance to lead its mission-critical Nutrition & Compliance team. The position can be located anywhere in the US, but we prefer it to be located at one of our Culinary Centers. The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The candidate will be responsible for nutrition and compliance for USDA regulated food programs for charter schools, school districts and Senior programs across the country, as well emerging adult business avenues requiring detailed and validated NFP’s. This position provides the opportunity to interact with cross-functional members of the various Revolution Foods business units as well as corporate business partners and functional experts across Revolution Foods.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and develops to the Nutrition and Compliance team. Develops development plans for each team member that will provide a roadmap for their highest and best contribution to our organization, as well as fueling their individual passions.
- Working with the COO, and in lockstep with our OGSM, adapts team and strategy to support our business landscape
- Ensures that breakfast, lunch, supper, and snack menus and a la carte offerings comply with federal and state nutritional requirements for various federal Child Nutrition reimbursable programs.
- Ensures timely resolution of customer requests on nutrition and compliance.
- Serves as a liaison between customer and market team on nutrition and order management issues, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of relevant local, state, and federal legislation, policies, and trends and supports in areas of discovery and research.
- Creates and leads training on nutrition and related topics for region teams.
- Manages the audit response process and document preparation for Revolution Foods’ customers.
- Liaises with state/federal auditors on questions and documentation requests in a timely manner. Furnishes information with full accuracy while maintaining focus on bigger picture implications for scalability.
- Carries through corrective actions in various documentation areas and interfaces with other departmental team members and the Product Development team as appropriate.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Nutrition or related scientific field.
- RD or RD eligible required.
- K-12/NSLP experience required.
- A self-directed individual who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial setting where process and procedures are still being developed.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, coupled with the ability to effectively present information to co-workers from other disciplines.
- Proven record in delivering high-quality, accurate work with exceptional attention to detail in day-to-day tasks.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail in day-to-day tasks with simultaneous eye for bigger picture implications.
- Energetic and flexible.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.