The Corporate Counsel will report to and support the Company’s General Counsel in all functions of the Legal department and will provide legal advice and counsel to all departments of the Company. This position requires in depth experience with commercial contracts from design, to negotiation and execution. Experience with school or education RFPs/IFBs and contracts, government contracts and similar is preferred. This position is based in our Oakland Home Office.
- Assisting with a range of commercial contract matters, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex agreements, with a significant focus on helping to support sales, marketing, and operations. Work includes ensuring proper administration of commercial, customer and vendor contracts, from intake of new contracts to sunsetting of expired relationships and oversight of supplier agreements, NDAs, MSAs, etc.
- Drafting of meal distribution or food product contracts based on RFP or IFB submitted by schools in coordination with sales department. Assist in compiling all elements required of such contracts (e.g. nutritional analysis, operational plan, pricing, certifications) and ensure timely submission of all bids.
- Maintaining and update legal templates.
- Participating in the delivery of legal training programs for internal clients regarding applicable laws and regulations on a variety of subjects.
- Oversight of real estate matters, including leases and lease disputes.
- Oversight of the Company’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Assistance with litigation matters and management of outside counsel handling same.
- Support on matters pertaining to mergers and acquisitions.
- Design, rollout and oversight of contracts database capturing important terms of all Revolution Foods agreements. Create and maintain contract reporting to be shared with leadership, the Board, and across departments.
- Assist in the review of marketing and promotional materials for compliance with Company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Enforcement of policies and procedures as related to contract authorization limits, routing of contracts for approval and signature authority.
- Assist in government affairs-related tasks as assigned by the General Counsel.
- Assist in trade secret issue and non-disclosure protection for Company’s assets, products, and IP.
Minimum requirements include:
- Education & License: J.D from a top-tier law school and CA bar admission
- Minimum of four years of experience in a large law firm
- In-house counsel experience strongly preferred
- Adept with Excel and Word, and contracts lifecycle management technology.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to spot issues and problem solve with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects by setting priorities and being flexible.
- Ability and adaptability to working in a fast-paced, constantly changing, and deadline-driven environment.
- Customer-focused mentality with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with executives, internal clients, outside counsel and external partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in simple, polite and clear terms.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Expertise in reviewing, negotiating, and drafting a variety of agreements, including commercial, vendor and supplier, research, nondisclosure, material transfer agreements
- Reviewing sales, advertising, and marketing materials and programs as part of the Legal team to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and legal requirements
- Pragmatic business sense with the ability to recognize commercial implications of legal advice
- Superior decision-making and interpersonal skills with a sense of professional discretion
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.