Looking to work for a revolutionary, mission-driven organization that generates positive impacts in our communities? Then Revolution Foods may be the organization for you! We specialize in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef crafted, and kid approved food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to students. With our challenging yet fun environment, watch your career develop while making a difference!
Why join Revolution Foods?
At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods which provides healthy family meals across the nation!
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- Five (5) paid holidays and five (5) paid vacation days for full-time employees
- Free daily meals for all of our employees
What are we looking for?
We are looking for reliable, hardworking Machine Operator who provide excellent customer service in all they do. Responsible for equipment start-up, set-up and routine adjustments to ensure it the efficient day-to-day of all equipment and machinery within the facility, a chilled food factory. The primary objective is to keep operations running efficiently and effectively, with a minimum amount of down time in a challenging, fast-paced environment. If this is you, apply with us today!
Responsibilities: Verifies the daily production plan, and any immediate needs to startup for food product runs. This includes heated and chilled machinery, feeding film, identifying quality or mechanical issues, troubleshooting and adjusting addressed machinery issues, completing routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs in accordance with established procedures.
- Works closely with Management and team members to ensure machinery is set up and raw materials are staged to efficiently process food products. May complete test runs to ensure proper sealing and they meet routine operational expectations.
- Monitor and adjust line strike rates to maximize through-put.
- Perform product change-overs on line and follow allergen procedures. Adhere to and promotes proper GMP’s.
- Troubleshoot routine machine issues resulting from jams, settings, requiring adjustments, routine parts changed, etc.
- Escalates repair issues that require diagnostics, PLC modifications, mechanical or technical repair knowledge
- Exercises good mechanical aptitude to keep machinery at optimal levels of operation. When unexpected issues or quality problems arise, troubleshoots equipment and machinery using standard test methods, SOP’s, diagrams, and hand tools.
- Will minimize and track down time, estimating repair timelines for production management to use for decision making. Uses related software to enter maintenance information, and to track parts and equipment related inventory.
- Equipment and work areas are kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This includes lockout tag-out requirements and wearing required PPE in designated areas. Corrects and/or reports any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- May train and demonstrate proper procedures and protocol to employees running products. May complete a variety of routine admin tasks associated with the work. Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 1- 2 years Machine Operator or related experience working in a food production, chilled environment or processing plant is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler, Serve Safe and other certification desirable
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment, with a good demeanor
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to use basic hand tools, meters, or related items to complete setup, basic machine testing and repairs.
- Knowledge of common start-up processes in a USDA factory and Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will be responsible for common routines. Goal-driven with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret schematics, diagrams, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers
- Able to work as a team and individually to accomplish the work
- Knowledge of Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP’s) in the food manufacturing industry
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.